ORGANISATION/COMPANYCNRS - FR550 Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › BiologyChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Physical chemistryPhysics › Biophysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/03/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Paris
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38h30
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER101034407
IMPORTANT: APPLICATION DEADLINE - MARCH 27 2022! Do not take into account a deadline on the CNRS Portail Emplo Website.
The COFUND FP-DYNAMO-PARIS programme offers a unique interdisciplinary environment and a fundamental research initiative in the centre of Paris to train the scientists of tomorrow in the field of Physico-chemical biology. The goal of the research programme is to integrate knowledge on gene expression, structural and membrane biology, and bioenergetic in bacteria, chloroplasts and mitochondria in the general context of improving our understanding of the biogenesis of energy-transducing membranes. These studies will involve cutting-edge technologies including structural biology(NMR, x-ray crystallography, and CryoEM), RNA sequencing, mass-spectrometry, synthetic biology, microfluidics, computational modelling and visualization. Post-doctoral fellows will have the opportunity to develop their research projects in a dynamic scientific environment covering three main research axis: 1) Genetics, Genoms and RNA, 2) Membrane Protein Complexes and 3) Membrane System Dynamics. They will benefit from the supervision of internationally-recognised experts in their fields, as a worldwide network of renowned institutions, cutting-edge research infrastructure and state-of-the-art technical know-how that will allow them to hone their scientific skills, make themselves known and increase their competitiveness in the labour market. Specific training will be proposed to ERs through attendance of the EMBO course on "Laboratory Leadership for Postdocs" included in a retreat in Padua, and involvement in dedicated complementary soft skills training events.
For more information please visit our website: http://labexdynamo.ibpc.fr/fp-dynamo-paris/
Genetics, Genomes and RNA
- Investigating the role of new regulators of mRNA translation : case study in the hetero- and autotroph model bacteria, E. Coli and Synechocystis APPLY
PI: Gregory Boël (UMR8261)
PI: C. Tisné (UMR8261)
PI: L. Bénard (UMR8226)
PI: T. Teixeira (UMR8226)
PIs: A.a Falciatore, I. Lafontaine (UMR7141)
- Structural study of [4Fe-4S]-dependent sulfuration enzyme MnmA involved in genetic translation APPLY
PI: B. Golinelli-Pimpaneau (UMR8229)
Membrane proteinc complexes
PIs: V. Biou, N. Dautin, P. Delepelaire
PIs: L. Catoire, K. Moncoq (UMR7099)
- Structure function study of a tripartite efflux pump from the ABC superfamily, in its lipid environment APPLY
PIs: M. Picard, M. Zoonens (UMR7099)
Membrane system dynamics
PIs: F. Zito, B. Miroux (UMR7099)
PIs: M. Cohen, P. Meyer (UMR8226)
- We offer two-year post-doc positions (one year with renewal for one year) for 10 projects; 1 project is funded for one year only
- Competetive salary depending on research experience, starting at 3106 EUR before taxes (around 2500 EUR after taxes)
- Exciting work in a dynamic team of researchers with backgrounds in different disciplines across biology, chemistry, physics, and computational science.
- Convivial, an international environment in a human-sized atmosphere on the Montagne St-Geneviève campus, in the center of Paris
- Mentoring programs to support career development
- Development of personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses.
Talented researchers who have a PhD degree or equivalent (R2 recognized researchers) at the recruitment date and they need to have research experience in the field relevant tot the call.
Applicants must comply with a mobility demand:
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in France in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment date. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
The application should be written in English and uploaded at https://emploi.cnrs.fr/. It should include a detailed CV, a minimum of two letters of reference, a letter of motivation describing your short and long term career objectives, and a signed declaration stating that you comply with the mobility rule which stipulates that you have not resided or carried out your main activity (work or studies) in France for more than 12 months during the three years preceding the date of recruitment. In addition, the complete file must also be sent to Bruno MIROUX & Magdalena TORTYNA, respectively director and manager of the project at the following email address DYNAMOcofund@ibpc.fr. See details on the website http://labexdynamo.ibpc.fr/fp-dynamo-paris/
The position is intended as an initial step in a research career, and the assessment of the applicants will primarily be based on their research qualifications and their potential as researchers with skills that complement and strengthen ongoing research within the partner institutions.
Step 1. The applications of each eligible candidate will be evaluated by independent international experts within the relevant research theme. Eligible applicants will be evaluated based on merits, motivation for the program, academic excellence, and personal qualifications such as collaborative and communication skills.
Step 2. A maximum of three candidates will be retained for a video interview with the independent experts for each open position (March/April 2022). After the interview, candidates on the shortlist will be invited to a conference call with the project supervisor and a DYNAMO board member to define the general scope of the project, the training, and the research environment. Candidates will be asked to draft a 3-page project proposal, bringing their original ideas, and will be given 2 weeks to submit it.
Step 3. Each project proposal will be evaluated by one of the independent experts and the DYNAMO board member who evaluated the candidate in the previous steps. The final selection will be made based on the scores obtained at steps 1, 2, and 3. The minimum score must be above 20/40. The top candidate will be offered the postdoc position with a starting date from May 16 - September 30, 2022
The CNRS (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique) is an equal opportunity employer. Furthermore, FP-DYNAMO-PARIS is committed to promoting the role of women in science and thus explicitly encourages women to apply.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Highly motivated personality, with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team on scientifically challenging problems.
- Very good knowledge and spoken English
- Ambitious, creative with good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
EURAXESS offer ID: 734300
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.