ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsMathematics › AlgorithmsPhysics › OpticsPhysics › Quantum mechanicsTechnology › Quantum technologyTechnology › Space technology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2022 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We are looking for highly motivated and talented postdocs willing to join the team undertaking European research projects. The projects offer a range of topics in the field of quantum technologies for quantum information processing, such as quantum communication / quantum cryptography (including technologies intended for the space), quantum simulations, quantum computation / quantum algorithms, quantum machine learning. The research will be carried out in international collaboration with groups from e.g. the University of Vienna, Imperial College London, Politecnico di Milano, Institute for Quantum Computing, as well as business entities specializing in quantum technologies from all around the world (NTT, IBM, ESA, DLR, ID Quantique). The research will be primarily focused on theoretical investigation, including numerical modeling, but in close collaboration with experimentalists. The team, led by prof. Magdalena Stobinska, is hosted by the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw.
A postdoc will be offered a full-time academic job for 3 years with a competitive salary with social security, health insurance etc. and a possibility of prolongation. Research projects possess a large budget for scientific travel, including international conferences and schools. We aim at obtaining the best results which will reach high-ranked journals. In this way, the hired postdocs will be encouraged to develop their careers towards future senior positions, mentoring/supervising students, and collecting achievements for e.g. habilitation degree.
- Working in a motivating environment in a worldwide recognized research institution
- Participation in cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in collaboration with leading universities
- Possibility to acquire new unique skills from senior researchers, project partners and experts
- Participation in conferences and scientific meetings
- Building broad skills useful for the future career in academia and R&D departments
- Possibility to complete the basis of the habilitation thesis
- Support for ambitious ideas and self-development
- Good remuneration
- Application for the position
- Information on the processing of personal data (available at https://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2021/01/Klauzula-informacyjna-przy-rekrutacji-do-pracy_11_2019_EN.docx)
- A copy of the Ph. D. diploma
- Recommendation letter from the Ph. D. supervisor; recommendation letters from other senior scientists are welcome
- Scientific curriculum vitae describing education, employment history, previous participation in research projects, collaborations, internships, stipends, conferences, other achievements as well as scientific interests
- List of publications
- Motivational letter stating why the candidate is willing to work here
- Optional: a copy of a document certifying candidate’s knowledge of English
The required documents must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The recruitment committee will interview selected candidates before making the final decision. The candidates should be able to deliver original copies of the documents on demand. The recruitment committee reserves the right to prolong this job advertisement in the case no enough suitable candidates are found.
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentMathematics: PhD or equivalentComputer science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Ph. D. degree in theoretical physics, mathematics or computer science, preferably with specialization in quantum information processing (experience in analytical and numerical modelling is a plus)
- Ambitious hard-working with high motivation for scientific work and strong will for self-development
- Numerical programming practice, good knowledge of mathematical tools (e.g. Matlab or Wolfram Mathematica) and general computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Skype) as well as LaTeX typesetting environment
- Good practical knowledge of English (C level preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Mobility (ability to travel within the EU and worldwide)
EURAXESS offer ID: 733887
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.