RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › AgronomicsBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/03/2022 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Montbéliard
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
The postdoctoral project is part of the ANR /PRIMA (HORIZON) proposal SIRAM (Sustainable Innovations for Regenerative Agriculture in the Mediterranean area) which aims at developing, scaling-up and disseminate innovative regenerative agriculture approaches to tackle issues related to climate change, desertification, loss of biodiversity excessive use of chemical and low incomes in small-holders farms in the Mediterranean. The tested approaches will be in line with the main principles of regenerative agriculture, namely the adoption of no-tillage practices, the use of cover-crops, the screening of local varieties with resistant traits, the synergic application of biostimulant and bioprotecting microbial strains co-formulated with organic fertilizers from recycled wastes.
The specific missions for this post-doctoral position are :
- To study regulation of gene expression and biochemical processes in beneficial microorganisms via RNA-Seq and metabolomic tools
- To study microRNA in plants and microorganisms as a key mechanism of response to biotic and abiotic stresses in an innovative approach
- To analyse the structure of the microbial communities of selected crops exposed to both biotic stresses and microbe-biomass formulates using high-throughput sequencing technologies
The following skills are required:
1) Molecular biology / biochemistry / microbiology : Candidates should possess a degree in biology, microbiology, environmental sciences or agricultural sciences, together with at least 3-4 years job-related experience (inc. Ph-D) on soil microbiology, microbial surveys, microbial physiology with the use of molecular approaches
2) Communication / dissemination : Candidates are expected i) to lead and contribute to scientific publications, policy briefs and technical reports that require clear, well-structured texts. In this case, a high level of written and oral English is required; ii) to organize, plan and lead scientific meetings with European partners (held in English)
EURAXESS offer ID: 729793
Posting organisation offer ID: 102018
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.