RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK36
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERProject EMPIR 20NRM02 MFMET EURAMET_MN_02
RECRUITMENT OF RESEARCHER ASSOCIATE POSITION AT INESC MN
INESC MN (www.inesc-mn.pt) is seeking to hire a Research Associate with PhD degree to work Project EMPIR 20NRM02 MFMET EURAMET - Establishing metrology standards in microfluidic devices, funded from the EMPIR programme co-financed by the Participating States and from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
INESC Microsistemas e Nanotecnologias (INESC MN) is a private, non-profit Research and Development Institute whose mission is leading edge research and development in strategic technological areas of micro- and nanotechnologies and the application of these technologies to electronic, biological and biomedical devices. INESC-MN manages a class 100/10 clean room facility for R&D and technology transfer, as well as to provide advanced training to undergraduate and graduate students and researchers at Master, PhD and post-doctoral levels, acting as a bridge between Instituto Superior Técnico, the Engineering School of the University of Lisbon and industrial partners worldwide.
INESC MN has a young, innovative and dynamic work environment.
The position to be filled will be a Research Associate position dedicated to the development of Metrology Standards for Microfluidic Devices.
Specific objectives of the work are to investigate, evaluate and formulate consensus-based flow control specifications, guidelines and protocols to enhance the manufacturing capability of the microfluidics industry supply chain through voluntary compliance.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A PhD in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or similar fields, with expertise in microfluidics;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
The admissible candidates should demonstrate experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Experimental experience in measurement protocols for different flow quantities and liquid properties
- standardization of dimensions and accuracy for microfluidic modules integrated with sensors
- metrological standardization processes for microfluidic devices under the protocols ISO/TC 48/WG 3 and CEN/TC 332/WG 7
Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in R&D projects involving metrology-oriented activities.
INESC MN offers an attractive benefits package including a gross monthly salary 3.201,40€ (before any tax witholdings) paid in 14 payments (bonus months in summer and Christmas), a meal subsidy of 7,63 per working day (paid over 11 months), private health
Candidates should send the following documents by email to Susana Cardoso de Freitas (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover letter where the candidate describes how he/she meets the qualification requirements
- Curriculum Vitae including list of publications (with DOI) and participation in projects at international level
- Official transcript of all relevant academic degrees
- At least 2 references who could provide a letter of recommendation
All the above documents should be supplied in English.
Deadline for application: 28 January 2022 (23:59 GMT)
Each application will be evaluated according to the following criteria (maximum: 100 points):
- Cover letter and motivation describing how the candidate meets the (30)
- Quality of CV (30)
- Academic Record
- Relevant publications
- Technical Experience (40)
- Microfluidic systems simulation, fabrication and characterization
- Experience in metrology for microfluidics
- Experience in microfluidics and sensors integration
- Knowledge in metrological standardization processes for microfluidic devices and the protocols ISO/TC 48/WG 3 and CEN/TC 332/WG 7
Candidates will be ranked according to their final score and the position will be offered to the top candidate. The selection committee can, at its discretion, designate an ordered waiting list based on the next ranking candidates who would be offered the position should the previous candidate decline the offer. However, INESC MN reserves the right to close the recruitment without offering the position or to restrict the number of candidates on the waiting list.
Notification of Results
All candidates will be notified of the results by email. The successful candidate will have 1 week to inform INESC MN if they accept the position. Candidates who are on the waiting list will be informed that should the first candidate decline, the position will be offered in the order of the waiting list.
Expected Starting Date
The successful candidate should be available to start the contract by February 2022.
INESC MN is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 728265
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.