RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Vila Real
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Project Manager (Forest and Fire management, Risk management and Circular Economy and Value Chains)
ForestWISE is a Collaborative Laboratory for the study of fire and forest issues through the development of research, innovation and knowledge transfer and technology activities. Our goal is to increase sustainable forest management in Portugal, the competitiveness of the Portuguese forestry sector and to reduce negative consequences of large rural fires.
ForestWISE currently leads or participates in national and international large scale and impact projects in the forest and fire areas, integrating research, innovation and knowledge transfer in a collaborative process with universities, industry, companies, public sector and society. Its young and dynamic team is looking for the best human resources in each its operational areas. Join us!
ForestWISE opens competition for two Project Managers under the Highly Qualified Human Resources Project - NORTE-06-3559-FSE-000045 (Aviso n. NORTE-59-2018-41)
Position: Project Manager (Forest and Fire management; Risk management and Circular Economy and Value Chains)
Summary description of the function:
Within the dependency of the executive coordination of ForestWISE, project managers will:
- Manage and participate in research, innovation and knowledge and technology transfer projects with special emphasis on the work lines of Forest and Fire management, Risk management and Circular Economy and Value Chains);
- Identify opportunities and develop all the initiatives aimed at achieving projects aligned with the expected results for its work line, contributing to the financial sustainability of ForestWISE;
- Strictly and efficiently use all resources related to the ForestWISE activity;
- Stimulate and participate in ForestWISE’s communication, dissemination and knowledge transfer initiatives;
- Represent ForestWISE when requested at relevant events and initiatives about its work line and ForestWISE in general.
The selected Project Managers will be entitled to an employment contract with a fixed annual salary between TRU18 and TRU27 levels according to the curriculum vitae and the experience presented and proven
Workplace: Vila Real
Immediate availability and schedule flexibility
- Interview with candidates with curricular evaluation equal to or greater than 14 values
- The final classification will be the weighted average of the curriculum evaluation, which will assume a weight of 70%, and the interview, which will represent 30%
- Selection of the candidate with the best final ranking
- The jury reserves the right to decide not to select any candidate if they agree that none of the candidates has the profile required.
Francisco Carvalho – Administration Board
Francisco Parada – Administration Board
Carlos Fonseca – Chief Technology Officer
Alexandra Marques – Executive Coordinator
Paulo Fernandes – Executive Coordinator
ForestWISE actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy. No candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due to, namely, parentage, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic status, education, origin or social status, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
Date: From 14/01/2022 to 28/01/2022
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Pre-Bologna degree or Master's degree in Forest Sciences, Forest Engineering, Forest Resources, Geography, Economy, Industry Engineering and Management or similar.
- Work experience in project management in forest and fire management, especially in one or more areas: Forest management, Forest valuation, Information and technology for forest, fire and landscape management, Risk management, Ecosystem services, Circular economy, Value chains and Forest Logistics;
- Work experience with public and private forest sector entities and other forest agents in Portugal;
- Experience in organizing events and communication initiatives, knowledge dissemination and transference, specially to the forest sector.
Personal skills/Soft Skills:
- Organization ability, self-motivate and result-oriented work method;
- Ease of relationship with different interlocutors;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a good team worker;
- Experience in regional, national and European investigation and innovation public finance mechanisms;
- Experience in consulting activities and services provision in the forest sector.
EURAXESS offer ID: 728263
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.