ORGANISATION/COMPANYHarvard University - Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/02/2022 04:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONUnited States › Boston
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
About the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise and knowledge in the areas of assay development, electrochemical biosensors, microfluidics, and system automation to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers. The project with focus on developing assays using traditional methods like ELISA and integrating with electrochemical biosensors for diagnostic applications
What You’ll Need:
- Proven record of high-quality publications in development of assays (e.g., using antibodies, DNA, peptides.)
- Experience in development of biosensors (electrochemical preferred)
- Expertise in handling biological samples (antibodies, cytokines), microfluidics understanding
- Strong interest in contributing to multidisciplinary teams (engineers, biologists/physiologists, clinicians)
- Strong interest in system integration for automation of multiplexed sensors
- Laboratory skills in electrochemistry, sensor characterization and stability studies
- Strong communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
Applications, assembled as single PDF files, should contain a complete resume, cover letter describing research interests and goals, full list of publications, copies of up to three relevant scientific papers, as well as the names and contact information of three references (expected to provide letters of recommendation). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Biosensors: Assay Development.”
EURAXESS offer ID: 726520
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.