ORGANISATION/COMPANYBaltic Defence College
RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2022 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2022
JOB TITLE: Lecturer in War and Conflict Studies
JOB CODE: DPS02
DEPARTMENT: Department of Political and Strategic Studies
SUPERVISOR: Director of Department of Political and Strategic Studies
LOCATION: Tartu, Estonia
SALARY: 30 000 – 42 000 EUR per annum (gross)
CONTRACT: 2 years (until summer 2024)
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2022
Interviews anticipated: March 2022
Expected starting date: 1 August 2022
The Baltic Defence College is a modern, future-oriented, English-language based international institution of the Baltic states providing professional military education with a wider Baltic region focus and Euro-Atlantic scope. The college serves as a professional military education institution at the operational and strategic level, applying contemporary educational principles, effective management and best use of intellectual and material resources. Our mission is to educate military and security/defence related civilian personnel of the Baltic States as well as their allies and partners, to contribute to applied research focused on security and defence policies while promoting international cooperation and networking. For more details see: http://www.baltdefcol.org/
We are looking for a lecturer to teach, plan and co-ordinate modules of our courses (operational and strategic level) in the area of War and Conflict Studies. This person will educate military staff officers and selected civil servants of NATO/EU nations and PfP countries and contribute to their professional development. His or her contribution to our applied research and conduct of conferences and seminars will be appreciated.
He or she will be entitled to benefit from our attractiveness programme (i.e. funding of professional development, re-allocation support, limited initial lodging at low cost if available, free use of sports facilities). BALTDEFCOL employees are fully covered by Estonian medical insurance.
I MAIN DUTIES
1. Develops and teaches modules, electives and/or classes to students of all courses in the area of War and Conflict Studies.
2. Acts as a source of expertise in the area of War and Conflict Studies to BALTDEFCOL staff and students in the execution of their tasks and assignments.
3. Participates in the supervision and assessment of academic assignments given to students.
4. Undertakes applied research relating to the area of expertise.
II OTHER DUTIES
1. Contributes to academic events of BALTDEFCOL (e.g. conferences, seminars, round tables) within the area of expertise.
2. Assists with editing BALTDEFCOL publications (i.e. Journal on Baltic Security) within his/her field of expertise.
3. Represents BALTDEFCOL at external activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses) related to the field of expertise.
4. Contributes to development of student critical thinking skills.
5. Networks with relevant educational and research institutions.
1. Essential qualifications:
- Advanced academic degree in Political Science, International Relations, Strategic Studies, War Studies or related field;
- Expertise in the field of theories of conflict; forms of warfare; conflict and cooperation; particularly in hybrid and irregular conflict;
- Experience in delivering teaching in academic environment, particularly applied knowledge;
- Experience in conducting research in the fields of relevance to the position;
- Language: English (Proficient User: C1+ or a comparable language performance profile).
2. Desirable qualifications:
- A doctoral degree;
- Experience of working and co-operating in a military environment;
- Experience of convening and coordinating academic events;
- Eloquence in communicating his/her thoughts and ideas to a critical audience;
- Flexibility, creativity, dynamism and a result-oriented approach to duties;
- Ability to both act as a part of a team and pursue individual initiatives and tasks.
Please send your Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae (both in English) to Head of Human Resources and Administration Section, Ms. Kadri Nestra at [email@example.com].
The Baltic Defence College is an equal opportunities employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 725424
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.