ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Vila Real
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE15/02/2022
The University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro (UTAD) opens a call for one (1) Post-doctoral Research Grant in the frame of the R&D project Centro de Estudos Transdisciplinares para o Desenvolvimento, BIPD/UTAD/21/2021, financiado por UIDP/04011/2020, nas seguintes condições:
Scientific area/research field:
Economics, management, statistics, data science or a related field
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- PhD degree (completed within the last three years) in economics, management, statistics, data science or a related field, providing the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out the work plan*;
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in the collection, processing and integrated analysis of statistical data in the economic and social domain, in particular a good knowledge of the structure and type of data mobilised for national accounts and different satellite accounts*;
- Knowledge and skills to design and develop innovative instruments for the combination and integration of data from different domains at sub-regional territorial scales (NUTS3 level or below);
- Ability to design, implement and monitor large-scale surveys, and to create, manage and extract data from the resulting databases;
- Experience in large-scale data modelling through the application of statistical software*;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English*;
- Ability to develop high impact academic work, proven by previous publications in relevant journals;
- Experience of and openness to interdisciplinary approaches to social science research;
- Ambition to learn and develop new models and approaches to understand and improve the generation of systematic and standardised data at scales useful for decision making in the context of the place-based development approach;
- Proactivity, motivation, teamwork, and results-focused orientation;
- Postdoctoral research is carried out in a host entity different from the one where the research work leading to the doctoral degree was carried out*;
* mandatory requirement
The candidate will carry out R&D activities within the scope of the DAT4LOWDENSity project (which aims to provide integrated data and information to enable political, economic, social and institutional actors to design evidence-based sub-regional and local development policies and agendas and make evidence-informed decisions at their scale. It also aims to provide data and tools for measuring and monitoring the effects of the green and digital transitions), namely:
1) Identifying and analyzing the various satellite accounts already available and identify alternatives for their integration and adaptation at territorial scales;
2) Identifying and analyzing sets of indicators for assessing and monitoring the green and digital transitions and their articulation with the objectives of sustainable development, as well as other similar ones, and designing frameworks promoting their integration, adaptation to territorial scales, and systematization through instruments such as indexes;
3) Participating in the design and construction of a territorial satellite account that integrates different fields of activity (economic, social, environmental and cultural) and flows, namely the movement of goods and people, ecosystem services, knowledge and other relevant for the dynamics of the territories, as well as their interaction at different scales;
4) Leading the design and implementation of data collection tools that allow the regular availability in time of a territorial satellite account for the sustainable transition and digital society adapted to the specificity of low population density territories;
5) Analyzing and interpreting information in order to identify opportunities, strengths and weaknesses, as well as risks and threats to smart, sustainable and inclusive development of low density territories, taking into account their degree of peripherality;
6) Leading and participating in the development of scientific publications of high impact
7) Collaborating in the communication, exploitation and dissemination activities of the DATA4LOWDENsity laboratory.
Applicable legislation and regulations:
Law N.º 40/2004, of 18 August (Statute of Scientific Research Fellow), amended by DL 123/2019 of 28 August; FCT, IP Research Grant Regulation, approved by Regulation N.º 234/2012, published in the II Series of the Diário da República of June 25, 2012, amended and republished by Regulation No. 326/2013, published in the II Series of the Diário da Republic of July 27, 2013, amended by Regulation No. 339/2015, published in the II Series of the Diário da República of June 17, 2015 and Law No. 71/2018 (State Budget Law for 2019) and by Regulation No. 950/2019, published in the II Series of the Diário da República of December 16, 2019, and the Regulation of Research Grants of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro - Dispatch RT.36/2011, of July 6, of Mr. Rector, published in Diário da República by Order No. 9157/2011 (II Series), of July 19 in its current wording.
The work will be developed at the CETRAD of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, under the scientific guidance of Professor Livia Maria Costa Madureira.
The work will be co-supervised by the senior researchers Leonida Amaral Tomas Correia e Ricardo Jorge e Silva Bento.
Duration of scholarship:
The fellowship will last for 24 months, starting from February to 2022
Monthly maintenance allowance amount:
The scholarship amount corresponds to 1646 € according to the table of scholarships awarded directly by the FCT, I.P. in the country (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The period of payment of the scholarship is monthly and through bank deposit, check or another equivalent method.
The selection methods to be used will be as follows:
A. Academic curriculum assessment; (30%)
B. Demonstration of knowledge, experience and skills to implement the work plan; (20%)
C. List of publications and their quality assessed by indicators or biblometric indexes (30%)
D. Interview only applicable to candidates with a total score equal to or higher than 14 (0-20) in the previous items (20%)
Composition of the Selection Jury:
Chair – Livia Maria Costa Madureira, Associate Professor from the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro
Effective Member - Leonida Amaral Tomas Correia, Associate Professor from the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro
Effective Member - Ricardo Jorge e Silva Bento, Assistant Professor from the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro
Form of advertising/notification of results:
The final results of the evaluation will be publicized through a ranked list posted on the UTAD Campus Online Page (http://www.campus.utad.pt/bolsasinvestigacao/candidaturas ), with the candidate being approved notified via email.
In the event that the selected scholarship holder withdraws, the final ranking list of candidates in this competition may be used to replace them. If none of the candidates demonstrates that they have the profile indicated to carry out the work plan, the jury reserves the right not to award the scholarship to the competition.
If the decision to be taken is unfavourable to the granting of the requested scholarship, the candidates have a period of 10 working days, after the aforementioned disclosure, to express their opinion, if desired, in a prior hearing, under the terms provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure.
Application deadline and form of submission of applications:
The tender is open from 04-01-2022 to 17-01-2022.
Applications must be formalized, obligatorily, by sending an application form accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae [proving the above-mentioned requirements]; Indication of the following data: citizen card number, tax identification number – TIN, date of birth, mobile phone number and email address; motivation letter; declaration of honour (to be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and documentary evidence of the requested requirements.
The application must be made through the UTAD Campus Online Page, in the Research Grants section, following the instructions:
• Select the scholarship you intend to apply for.
• When selecting the “Apply” option, you will be redirected to the application page where you must complete and submit the respective form.
Equality of opportunities:
The candidate has the right to equal opportunities and treatment, and may not be privileged, benefited, prejudiced, deprived of any right or exempt from any duty due, in particular, to ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, origin or social condition, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
EURAXESS offer ID: 725342
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.