ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/03/2022 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2022
- Lecturing and conducting seminars in the field of Big Data and relational databases on all levels of higher education.
- Supervising research work of students.
- Participating in the research activities of the Chair of Data Science, Institute of Computer Science.
- Participation in the work of the university’s decision-making bodies is recommended.
- Engaging in science outreach activities.
- Candidates are expected to have teaching experience in higher education establishments on the bachelor’s and/or master’s levels.
- Teaching experience for relational databases, NoSQL databases and Big Data Systems are required.
- Research experience and publications in the field of Big Data technologies and/or big data analytics or a related field is essential.
- A track record of publications in highly reputable venues in the field of Big Data or a related field is desirable.
- Experience in supervising students and conducting e-learning is also highly desirable.
From 3000 euros (gross) per month depending on work experience and qualification. This amount is subject to taxation at a 20% flat tax rate. The total annual payroll is starting from 50 000 euros, which includes taxes by the employer.
Further information can be provided by Professor Ahmed Awad, email@example.com
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector;
- a curriculum vitae in the established format;
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications);
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (with authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in Estonian, English, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, French, Italian, Ukrainian and Belarussian languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- a research and teaching vision;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 724992
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.