RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/01/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
We are looking for an ambitious postdoctoral researcher with ample experience in molecular biology and/or protein biochemistry. Experience with interaction proteomics and genomics applications and computational biology skills are a plus but are not strictly required. As a postdoctoral researcher you will particulate in a national consortium (Oncode Institute) dedicated to deciphering the impact of non-coding mutations in malignant transformation and carcinogenesis. You will apply and develop state-of-the-art interaction proteomics technologies to identify proteins that interact with non-coding mutations. In addition, you will use follow-up approaches to further validate and functionally study these interactions. You will also collaborate with other lab members in ongoing interaction proteomics-based projects. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to develop novel ideas and work on additional independent projects that align with this research theme.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €2,846 and a maximum of €4,490 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 10).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 2 years with the possibility of extension for two years.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You can apply until 16 January 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Prof. Michiel Vermeulen. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, including the names and contact details of 2-3 referees.
The first round of interviews will take place in week 4. You would preferably begin employment on 1 May.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure. It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Michiel Vermeulen at +31 24 361 05 62 or Michiel.Vermeulen@ru.nl.
Web site for additional job details
- You hold a PhD in molecular biology, analytical chemistry or a related field.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills (in English).
- You have strong analytical skills and a result-oriented attitude.
- You are a creative thinker and have a high degree of independence.
Experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Mammalian cell culturing.
- Bioinformatics analysis of large (proteomics and genomics) datasets.
- State-of-the-art interaction proteomics and genomics applications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 724057
Posting organisation offer ID: 307807
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.