RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/01/2022 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
As an Assistant Professor, you will become a member of the new Artificial Intelligence – Language, Speech and Communication expertise group (starting in April 2022) in the department of Language and Communication, collaborating in projects on themes such as digital and media literacy, social media persuasion, data mining, and human-computer technology interaction.
You will contribute to the department’s Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Communication and Information Studies and the Research Master's programme in Linguistics and Communication Sciences. You will conduct research within the Centre for Language Studies. Your research will be located in the Radboud University Centre for Language Studies, which is one of the world’s leading Language and Communication research institutes, where you will contribute to empirical research and pursue grant application opportunities. You will also be asked to participate in the department’s administrative tasks.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €4,629 and a maximum of €5,943 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 12).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary contract for an initial period of 1 year or 1.5 years depending on your background. Upon a positive performance evaluation at the end of this period, the contract may be converted into a permanent one.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You can apply until 20 January 2022, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to José Sanders. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV.
The first round of interviews will take place on 26 or 27 January. As part of the selection procedure you will be asked to deliver a sample lecture. You would preferably begin employment on 1 April 2022.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure. It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. José Sanders, at +31 24 361 28 02 or email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
- You hold an MA degree in Communication Science, Communication and Information Studies, Media Studies, Linguistics or Artificial Intelligence, or a related discipline.
- You hold a PhD degree in Communication and Information Technology, or a related subject.
- You have both teaching and research experience in the area of Language and Communication technology, with a special focus on persuasive communication through social media networks. Relevant teaching and research topics include algorithms and misinformation in digital context; the language of echo-chambers and polarisation; variation of language and communication in the digital culture.
- You should have high proficiency in the English language (C2-CEFR).
- Proficiency in Dutch: if Dutch is not your mother tongue, we will expect you to become proficient in Dutch at the C1 level within two years after appointment.
- You have demonstrable experience in academic teaching at BA and MA levels and in course development (you hold a university teaching qualification or are willing to obtain one within two years).
- You have a good publication track record within the domain of Communication and Information Technology in international refereed journals of high quality.
- Strong expertise in either quantitative or qualitative language and communication research methodology is required, and expertise in both methodologies would be a plus.
- Experience in interdisciplinary teamwork is a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 723997
Posting organisation offer ID: 307972
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.