ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2022 15:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2022
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
1. Ph.D. degree in Astronomy (with or without habilitation).
2. Significant number of publications in the field of astronomy and/or astrophysics.
3. Research experience in at least one from following subjects:
• planetary systems,
• interstellar matter,
• stars and stellar objects,
• extragalactic sources.
4. Experience in astronomical observations with made use at least one from following techniques:
in the visible or radio range of the electromagnetic spectrum.
5. Experience in obtaining funds for research from external sources.
6. Readiness to give classes for students of astronomy and Ph.D. students from doctoral schools.
7. Willingness to give classes in the field of physics or programming in other fields of study conducted by the Faculty (physics, technical physics, applied computer science, automation and robotics).
8. Preparation do give lectures in English language.
9. Good knowledge of spoken and written English language is required.
Remuneration/month: 5072 PLN gross for PhD and 5500 PLN gross for PhD with habilitation.
Period of contract agreement: 29 months, with possible conversion to the permanent position.
Position starts on: May 1st 2022.
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Copy of doctorate certificate
- Copy of post-doctorate certificate
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house/journal, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1)
- Declaration under art. 113 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 113 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record))
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest
- A cover letter (addressed to Professor Andrzej Sokala, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University)
Forms to be downloaded:https://www.umk.pl/en/employment/?class=Offer&Lang=en&Id=4112
Additional information: Please submit the aforementioned documents to the e-mail address: email@example.com
The formal deadline of this application is 28 February 2022. The application should refer to WFAiIS-1/IA/2022. NCU declares the right not to choose any candidate.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAstronomy: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 722551
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.