ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) invites applications for a highly motivated professional to join the Institute at the position of Administrative Assistant. The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and postgraduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas. Within this context, CyI in cooperation with Advanced Partners Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, University of Helsinki and Commission for Atomic Energy – Laboratory for Sciences of the Climate and the Environment, are establishing the “(EMME-CARE) Eastern Mediterranean Middle East – Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre of Excellence” under Horizon 2020 – TEAMING Grant no. 856612.
Under the Supervision of the CARE-C Director and the Vice President of Operations, the successful candidate will contribute in the field of general administration and carrying out a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Institute’s CARE-C Centre of Excellence including duties of a personal assistant.
The appointment will be on a full time basis, initially for a period of one year, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Provide broad range of administrative/personal support, including answering phones, keeping calendars, preparation of documents, minute keeping, correspondence and maintaining associated files and general attention to the overall functioning of the Centre;
- Prepare material and assist in the planning, coordination and support of a variety of meetings and special events;
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and travel;
- Respond to inquiries;
- Handle administrative duties including preparing of accounting forms managing petty cash, requests for travel reimbursements, performing online purchases and preparing the monthly credit card statement
- Assist with Office Allocation logistics for employees and visitors
- Work as part of a team on a wide range of programs, projects, special initiatives, and events;
- Perform other administrative tasks and/or assist with special projects as requested
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://onlinerecruitment.exelsyslive.com/?c=6E7274A2-8EBA-4BEA-905B-06F790EEB566/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Prof Jean Sciare (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Contact person: Jean Sciare
Reference number: CARE-C_AA_21_15
- School Certificate
- 2 years of previous experience
- High level organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Excellent learning and development skills
- Ability to multitask and changing priorities in a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent Greek and English language skills both verbally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office
- Bachelor degree or professional qualification will be an advantage but not a requirement.
EURAXESS offer ID: 721955
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.