ORGANISATION/COMPANYmdw - University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/03/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
The responsibilities to be assumed include the representation of the subject Composition in the development of the arts and in teaching, supervision of students, as well as participation in organizational, administrative and evaluation tasks.
Gross salary, according to the collective agreement, amounts to € 5.321,70 per month (14 salaries per year). A possible higher salary, depending on qualifications and previous experience, is subject to appointment negotiations.
Applications must be submitted in electronic form via the mdw application portal https://www.mdw.ac.at/bewerbungsportal. All application material should be sent in PDF format.
The University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna is committed to the equal treatment of all qualified applicants regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, world-view, age, or disability.
The University is particularly interested in increasing the percentage of women working in the artistic, scientific and general university personnel ranks. It therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
It should be specifically mentioned, however, that applicants who are invited to the audition will not receive remuneration from the university for incurred travel and hotel expenses.
- completed Austrian or equivalent foreign university degree in the subject ‘Composition’ (diploma or master’s degree)
- outstanding artistic qualification for the subject, evidenced by an artistic portfolio (catalogue of works, representative performances, and composition commissions)
- and vibrant international compositional activity and representative compositional output
- required pedagogical and didactic aptitude in post-secondary education, to be verified by means of a demonstration lesson
- German: Excellent
- Relevant international experience in the field of music and education
- Leadership qualification
- Experience in the fields of electroacoustic music and multimedia
- Background knowledge in jazz, pop, and non-European music, as well as in the fields of (music) theatre and film
- Publications on aspects of contemporary music and its performance
EURAXESS offer ID: 719863
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.