ORGANISATION/COMPANYCharles University in Prague, Faculty of Arts
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/01/2022 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Prague
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job title: Researcher „post-doc“
Field and specialization: Archaeology – archaeology of Central Asia, focus: Archaeology of Central Asia in the periods from the Bronze Age to Late Antiquity with emphasis on either research into settlement patterns and dynamics, or selected types of artefacts and their contextual analysis.
Expected salary/job rank: VP2
Full-time position: 1,0 (40 hours a week) for a period of 6 months
The position is planned within the project CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008495 International Mobility of Researchers at Charles University
- collaboration with the research group of Czech Archaeological Expedition in Uzbekistan
- realization of own specific research topic in collaboration with the CAEU group
- preparation of a co-authored paper with CAEU group members based on the research undertaken within the project
- preparation of a conference paper for an international conference on the current research
Expected starting date: February, 2022
Application deadline: January 14, 2022
Complete applications will include the following:
- application form
- curriculum vitae
- overview of publication activity
- overview of research activity
- research proposal (up to 3 pages long including documents and literature)
- a copy of PhD diploma
Submitting the application:
- Submission by mail or in person:
The application with all its attachments can be sent by mail or delivered in person to the following address:
Zuzana Pálková, Human Resources Dept., FF UK, nám. Jana Palacha 1/2, 116 38 Praha, Czech Republic
- Submission by e-mail:
The application with all its attachments can be sent by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
Originals of documents will be required for the selection procedure. The Committee can choose to invite all or selected applicants to the subsequent round of the selection procedure, i.e. an interview or a public lecture.
The course of mobility is subject to the Rules for Applicants and Beneficiaries -Specific Section, the Call “International Mobility of Researchers” (OP VVV No. 02_16_027). The researcher is required to submit monthly Activity report (Template of the Activity report here).
Based on the submission of an application in the hiring procedure, the Faculty of Arts of Charles University will process the personal data of applicants in accordance with the relevant legal regulations and other regulations of Charles University. Information on the processing of personal data is available here: https://cuni.cz/UK-9056.html.
- Ph.D. obtained not earlier than 7 years before the application deadline (this may be extended by maternity or parental leave, long-term illness, taking care of a family member for more than 90 days, and military service).
- Work experience in the duration of 2 years in the last 3 outside of the Czech Republic at a half-time (or more) research position, or a Ph.D. study abroad for this period of time.
- Publication activity – over the last three years, at least two internationally recognizable publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS database. At the same time, these publications must be "article", "book", "book chapter", "letter" and "review."
EURAXESS offer ID: 718730
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.