ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Austrian Archaeological Institute (OeAI)
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: OeAI143AS121
Academy Scientist Position (f*m)
(full-time, 40 hours per week)
in the research group “Epigraphic” working group of the Department of Classical Studies.
- Scientific research in the field of Greek epigraphy with a particular focus on the publication of corpora as part of the “Tituli Asiae Minoris” (TAM) series and collaboration on the publication of as yet unpublished material from the working group’s holdings (transcripts and casts of inscriptions and notebooks from research trips).
- The appointee’s work will also include administrative tasks for the Epigraphy research group; these include the editorial supervision of book manuscripts that have been submitted (for the TAM, ETAM and “Veröffentlichungen zur Epigraphik” series) and managing collections of casts, notebooks and schedae.
- A doctoral degree in a discipline in the field of classical studies
- Experience in the first edition of inscriptions
- Thorough knowledge of antique and late antique Asia Minor
- (At least passive) mastery of Ancient Greek, Latin, German, English, French and Italian, ideally also Turkish
- A lively publication history, international reputation
- A willingness to collaborate across disciplines in the research areas concentrated on by the institute and the ability to work as part of a team
- Very good IT skills (MS Office, Zoom, Adobe, etc.)
- Outstanding opportunities to engage in autonomous scientific research in a vibrant research environment
- A minimum annual gross salary as per the collective agreement of € 49.718,34
- The position is advertised for 3 years with an option to extend (tenure track)
The documents required for application comprise (1) curriculum vitae, (2) a list of publications, (3) evidence of your research experience (max. 2 pages), an outline of a new classical studies research project with a focus on religious history (max. 2 pages), (4) academic certificates and (5) at least two references or full contact details of possible referees, (6) letter of application (max. 2 pages).
Please submit your application in PDF format, citing the job ID: OeAI143AS121, no later than January 31, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
EURAXESS offer ID: 714374
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.