ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Austrian Archaeological Institute (OeAI)
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: OeAI147PD121
The Austrian Archaeological Institute, Department for Prehistory &West Asian/Northeast African Archaeology (OeAI) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a
Postdoc Position (f*m)
in Neolithic Archaeology
(full-time, 40h per week)
The successful candidate will be part of Prof. Barbara Horejs’ research group »Prehistoric Phenomena«. The successful candidate is expected to develop a project on Neolithic stone tools and stone objects.
- Cooperation in the development of new projects in Southeast Europe and/or Western Asia
- Participation in ongoing and future projects and field work of the research group »Prehistoric Phenomena«
- Assistance in leading the research group and its organization
- Preparation and organization of research group meetings
- Quality control and quality assurance of the research group’s data pool
- Maintenance of digital bibliographies, publication repositories, and long-term data archiving/repositories
- Editorial assistance of research group related publications
- Scientific assistance of the research group leader
Furthermore, it would be beneficial if the candidate has supervised students, coordinated teams, as well as demonstrated a clear input in field work.
- A PhD in prehistoric archaeology with experience in find analyses (not necessarily related with stones)
- Basic knowledge of the Neolithic archaeology in central to southeast Europe and the adjacent regions
- Experience in field work and willingness to extend this ability to ongoing and future excavations
- Abilities and willingness to participate in international and interdisciplinary co-operations as well as publication activity
- Abilities and willingness to successfully develop and submit projects for third-party funding
- Fluent command of German and English (knowledge of further languages will be an asset)
- Excellent IT Knowledge (MS Office, Zoom, Adobe, etc.)
- Driving license (B)
- Excellent opportunities to work in a lively research environment and collaborate with international experts in the fields related to the research group.
- An annual gross salary of € 49.718,34 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- We advertise this position for a period of 1 year with the possibility of 5 years extension (in total 6 years)
Applications include (1) curriculum vitae, (2) list of publications, (3) statement of the applicant's research experience (max 2 pages) and an outline of future research interest (max 1 page), (4) certificates for full academic record, and (5) two names of references with the full contact information. Please send the application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning Job ID: OeAI147PD121) no later than February 28, 2022.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
EURAXESS offer ID: 713605
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.