ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Austrian Archaeological Institute (OeAI)
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: OeAI146PD121
The Austrian Archaeological Institute, Department for Prehistory & West Asian/Northeast African Archaeology (OeAI) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research and science institution, is offering a
Postdoc Position (f*m)
in Bronze Age Archaeology
(full-time, 40h per week)
The successful candidate will be part of the research group »Urnfield Culture Networks« of Dr. Mario Gavranović and is expected to focus on the long-term investigation of the Bronze Age in Central and Southeastern Europe.
- Participation in ongoing and future projects and field work of the research group »Urnfield Culture Networks«
- Development of new projects
- Assistance in leading the research group and its organization
- Preparation and organization of research group meetings, international workshops and conferences
- Editorial assistance of research group related publications
- Scientific assistance of the research group leader
- A PhD in prehistoric archaeology on a Bronze Age topic
- Knowledge of the archaeology of Austria and the adjacent regions
- Abilities and willingness to successfully develop and submit projects for third-party funding
- Experience in field work and willingness to extend this ability to ongoing and future excavations
- Ability to conduct research projects independently
- Abilities and willingness to participate in interdisciplinary co-operations and publication activity
- Fluent command of German and English (additional language skills are desirable)
- Excellent IT-user knowledge (MS Office, Zoom, Adobe, etc.)
- Driving license (B)
The successful candidate is required to carry out independent research projects that will include case studies in Austria and in neighbouring regions of Central and Southeastern Europe. We expect an innovative approach that will substantially contribute in better understanding of communication and exchange networks of people, idea and goods, demography and interaction between Bronze Age communities and natural environment. We explicitly encourage candidates to apply with their own research project proposal or the research idea.
- Excellent opportunities to work in a lively research environment and collaborate with international experts in the fields related to the research group.
- An annual gross salary of € 49.718,34 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- We advertise this position for a period of 1 year with the possibility of 5 years extension (a total of 6 years)
Applications include (1) curriculum vitae, (2) list of publications, (3) statement of the applicant's research experience (max 2 pages), a draft for new research project on Bronze Age topic (max 2 pages), (4) certificates for full academic record, and (5) two names of references with the full contact information. Please send the application in PDF format to email@example.com (mentioning Job ID: OeAI146PD121) no later than January 31, 2022.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
EURAXESS offer ID: 713596
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.