ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences, The Austrian Archaeological Institute (OeAI)
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/04/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Job ID: OeAI144PD121
Postdoc Position (f*m)
(full-time, 40 hours per week)
in the “Religious Studies” working group of the Department of Classical Studies.
- Participation in ongoing and future projects within the “Religious Studies” working group
- Devising and planning a new research project (including acquiring third-party funding) in the field of ancient religious history
- Participation in the development of other projects at the departmental and working group level
- Preparation and organisation of (inter)national workshops and conferences
- Editorial support for publications of relevance to the working group
- A completed PhD in religious studies (with a focus on Antiquity) and/or classical studies (ancient history, classical philology, etc.)
- A pronounced interest in interdisciplinary research topics from the field of ancient religious history, taking all primary sources into account
- Experience in working autonomously on and leading scientific projects
- Experience in acquiring third-party funding
- A lively publication history, international networking
- A willingness to collaborate across disciplines in the research areas concentrated on by the institute and the ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent German and English, a sound knowledge of Latin and Ancient Greek
- Very good IT skills (MS Office, Zoom, Adobe, etc.)
- Outstanding opportunities to engage in autonomous scientific research in a vibrant research environment
- A minimum annual gross salary of € 49.718,34 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
- The position is advertised for 1 year with an option to extend this by a further 5 years (a total of 6 years)
The documents required for application comprise (1) curriculum vitae, (2) a list of publications, (3) evidence of your research experience (max. 2 pages), an outline of a new classical studies research project with a focus on religious history (max. 2 pages), (4) academic certificates and (5) at least two references or full contact details of possible referees, (6) letter of application (max. 2 pages).
Please submit your application in PDF format, citing the job ID: OeAI144PD121, no later than April 30, 2022 to email@example.com.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
EURAXESS offer ID: 713590
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.