RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Klosterneuburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Full Time (40h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 43,400* gross/year
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment Get an insight!
The Nanofabrication Facility of IST Austria runs two cleanrooms fully equipped with state of the art equipment for micro and nanofabrication processing. This position offers the opportunity to be responsible of our UHR SEM-PFIB system and to take active part in a world class cleanroom.
- Customization, development and maintenance of processes of microsystems technology in cooperation with our research groups
- Responsibility for miscellaneous equipment in the cleanroom laboratories, incl. maintenance work, keeping chemicals and consumables on stock, and equipment cleaning
- Maintaining and developing processing in the UHR SEM-PFIB system
- Assignment and assistance of new cleanroom users to the IST cleanroom, according to safety regulations regarding the handling of chemicals
- Verification of compliance with rules/regulations
- Training of facility staff, scientists and students
- Solid education and training in physics or engineering
- Background towards microsystems technology and semiconductor technology
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of machines, ideally cleanroom processing equipment is of advantage
- Experience with Focus Ion Beam (SEM-FIB or SEM-PFIB) is mandatory
- Accustomed to solving technical problems reliably and independently
- Service and solution oriented personality with good organizational skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Education & training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.
EURAXESS offer ID: 712473
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.