ORGANISATION/COMPANYFundação Gaspar Frutuoso
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/12/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPortugal › Ponta Delgada
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
The Gaspar Frutuoso Foundation, FP is opening a tender for the attribution of one (1) Research Scholarship (BI) for a graduate with a master's degree, within the scope of the research project MACBIOPEST - Macaronesia botanical biopesticides: investigation and popular knowledge (MAC2/ 1.1a/289), 85% co-financed by the European Union (FEDER, MAC 2014-2020) and 15% by the Budget of the Autonomous Region of the Azores.
1. Object of the Activity:
The grantee will carry out activities within the scope of the MACBIOPEST project – “Macaronesia botanical biopesticides: investigation and popular knowledge”, namely, carrying out the following tasks:
1) insect maintenance for use in trials
2) preparation of active molecules
3) formulation and functionalization of chitosan and gelatin nanoparticles
4) determination of the insecticidal activity of nanoparticles in pest insects (laboratory and semi-field tests).
2. Scientific Area: Biological Sciences
3. Admission requirements:
3.1 Degree in Biology, Agronomy, Crop Production, Biotechnology or related fields;
3.2 Enrollment and enrollment in a master's course in Biology, Agronomy, Plant Production, Biotechnology or related areas;
3.3 Training and experience in:
a) Experience in the maintenance and handling of living organisms;
b) Experience in handling chemical compounds;
3.3. Scientific publications or communications at conferences in the scientific area of this competition.
3.4. Knowledge of English; and
3.5. Ability to work in a team.
4. Applicable legislation and regulations: Scientific Research Scholarship Holder Statute, approved by Law nº 40/2004 of August 18, amended and republished by Decree-Law nº 202/2012 of August 27, by Decree-Law nº 89/2013 of July 9, by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of October 29, and by Law No. 12/2013 of January 29, and amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019 of August 28, in the current wording (https ://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/estatutobolseiro) and FCT Research Grant Regulation, IP, in force (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt ).
5. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the FCT facilities, located at the Faculty of Science and Technology, at the University Campus of Ponta Delgada, 9500-321 Ponta Delgada, under the scientific guidance of Professor Nelson Simões.
6. Scholarship duration: The scholarship will last for 12 months, with the possibility of renewal during the duration of the respective task of the project, on an exclusive basis, in accordance with the FCT's regulation for advanced training of human resources and under the terms of the Article 5 of the Research Fellowship Statute.
7. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to €835.98, according to the table of values of the scholarships awarded directly by FCT, I.P. in the Country (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt), published in Annex I of the Research Grant Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), published by Decree-Law No. 350/2019, of December 16th. The scholarship will be paid monthly by bank transfer. To this amount must be added the Voluntary Social Insurance, corresponding to the 1st step, if the candidate opts for it, as well as the Personal Accident Insurance.
8. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following: curriculum evaluation, with a 100% valuation. If the Jury deems it necessary, it may be interview conducted in the event of a tie between the candidates placed in the first two positions according to the order resulting from the previous criterion. In this case, the final score will include the curriculum assessment (as described above), with a score of 90%, and the interview, with a score of 10%. If none of the candidates has the appropriate profile (overall assessment below 50%), the scholarship will not be awarded.
9. Composition of the Selection Jury: The Jury is composed by Professor Nelson Simões, President; by the effective members Maria do Carmo Barreto and Duarte Toubarro.
10. Form of publicity/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be publicized, through a list ordered by the final grade obtained, and the candidates will be notified by email. The provisions of the Code of Administrative Procedure apply to this competition and, if the decision is unfavorable, candidates have a period of 10 working days to comment.
11. Deadline for application and form of submission of applications:
The contest is open from November 26th to December 13th, 2021.
Applications must be formalized, obligatorily by sending the following documents:
a) Request addressed to the President of the Jury;
b) Motivation Letter;
c) Curriculum Vitae, dated and signed;
d) Copy of the legal identification and taxpayer document;
e) Copy of the Academic Qualifications Certificate, with a list of the obtained evaluations;
Holders of academic degrees awarded by foreign higher education institutions must be holders of recognition of the academic degree required in this Notice under the terms of Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of 16 August. Recognition of the aforementioned degree must be obtained by the end of the period granted for the conclusion of the contract, if the candidate in an eligible place has obtained the academic degree required in this Notice abroad;
f) Cópia do comprovativo de matrícula e inscrição em ciclo de estudos exigido no presente Edital;
Os comprovativos deverão ser obtidos até à data do termo do prazo concedido para a celebração.
g) Outros documentos que o candidato considere relevantes para apreciação curricular, nomeadamente cartas de recomendação e documentos que atestem a experiência nos requisitos mencionados no ponto 3.3 deste aviso.
As candidaturas devem ser enviadas exclusivamente para endereço eletrónico firstname.lastname@example.org , ao cuidado da Presidente do Júri Nelson Simões, com conhecimento à Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso (email@example.com ), com a referência do concurso de bolsa (011/BI/2021) .
EURAXESS offer ID: 712436
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.