ORGANISATION/COMPANYCiTin - Associação Centro de Interface Tecnológico Industrial
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Computer engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2022 18:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Arcos de Valdevez
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
**** Applications until December 15th 2021 ****
CiTin – Associação Centro de Interface Tecnológico Industrial, is a new technological interface center (CiT), an entity in the Alto Minho Region, Portugal, whose mission focuses on applied R&D, and technology transfer, that aims to operate as a driving force for innovation in a symbiotic and synergistic ecosystem. CiTin is a scientific, technological, and technical assistance association, non-profit and of private nature, with mostly private capital. CiTin arises from the joint action of: i) IPVC - Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo, ii) Municipality of Arcos de Valdevez, iii) CIM Alto Minho, iv) CEVAL - Confederation of Companies of Alto Minho, v) In.Cubo – Incubadora de Iniciativas Empresariais Inovadoras, to which 12 Industrial Companies, which constitute the Founding Partners, have joined. CiTin will develop R&D activities in three areas of specialization, which aim to respond to the future challenges of the manufacturing industry:
- Advanced Production Systems
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Indústria da Mobilidade e Ambiente
1.3. Human-Machine Interaction
1.4. Flexible Manufacturing Systems
2.1. Information Systems
2.2. Big Data e IoT
2.3. Embedded Systems
2.4. Artificial Intelligence
3.1. Automotive component production
3.2. Development of new materials
3.3. Circular economy
3.4. Eco innovation
- Develop applied research in R&D projects in the context of the technological roadmap of the Cyber-Physical Systems Department;
- As a result of the R&D activity, actively collaborate in the production of scientific articles, patent registration, as well as in reporting the progress of the R&D tasks;
- Collaborate in the technical and scientific activity of the Cyber-Physical Systems Department, namely in the execution and the reporting of R&D activities;
- Collaborate in the management of the Department's infrastructure (work tools and laboratory facilities);
- Collaborate in technical-scientific training activities in the context of projects and partnerships established by CiTin in the context of its mission;
- The R&D engineer reports to the Cyber-Physical Systems Department Coordinator.
The candidate should present solid R&D experience in the areas of embedded systems, cyber-physical systems, IoT/IIoT, information systems, machine learning and data analytics, and proven skills in development and integration of new technologies in the context of the Industry 4.0/5.0 paradigms and in the design and conception of innovative systems for the factory of the future, i.e., manufacturing, logistics, etc.
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- M.Sc. degree (level 7 in the Portuguese National Qualifications Framework, cf. https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt/quadro_qualificacoes?plid=371), in Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or similar;
- Minimum professional experience of 5 years in R&D activities, carried out in the industry or ENESSI;
- Scientific publications in the areas of embedded systems and cyber-physical systems (preferred factor);
- English proficiency;
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills, sense of responsibility and proactive acting in the workplace.
It is an actor that strives for innovation, so it will be essential to have a resilient, dynamic, proactive, and ambitious spirit.
- A good opportunity for your professional development;
- We offer remuneration based on the submitted CV.
CV’s should be sent by email to email@example.com with the reference of this announcement in the subject field.
+ info: http://www.citin.pt
The hiring of highly qualified human resources (RHAQ) is done in the context of operation NORTE-06-3559-FSE-000226, financed by the European Social Fund (FSE), through the Northern Regional Operational Program (NORTE2020).
EURAXESS offer ID: 712415
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.