ORGANISATION/COMPANYCiTin - Associação Centro de Interface Tecnológico Industrial
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2022 18:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Arcos de Valdevez
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
**** Applications until December 15th 2021 ****
CiTin – Associação Centro de Interface Tecnológico Industrial, is a new technological interface center (CiT), an entity in the Alto Minho Region, Portugal, whose mission focuses on applied R&D, and technology transfer, that aims to operate as a driving force for innovation in a symbiotic and synergistic ecosystem. CiTin is a scientific, technological, and technical assistance association, non-profit and of private nature, with mostly private capital. CiTin arises from the joint action of: i) IPVC - Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo, ii) Municipality of Arcos de Valdevez, iii) CIM Alto Minho, iv) CEVAL - Confederation of Companies of Alto Minho, v) In.Cubo – Incubadora de Iniciativas Empresariais Inovadoras, to which 12 Industrial Companies, which constitute the Founding Partners, have joined. CiTin will develop R&D activities in three areas of specialization, which aim to respond to the future challenges of the manufacturing industry:
- Advanced Production Systems
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Mobility and Environmental Industries
1.3. Human-Machine Interaction
1.4. Flexible Manufacturing Systems
2.1. Information Systems
2.2. Big Data e IoT
2.3. Embedded Systems
2.4. Artificial Intelligence
3.1. Automotive component production
3.2. Development of new materials
3.3. Circular economy
3.4. Eco innovation
- Coordinate the R&D of the Advanced Production Systems Department;
- Define the technological roadmap of the Advanced Production Systems Department, coordinate the its R&D team, and plan and manage the Department's R&D projects;
- Develop applied research in the context of R&D projects in the context of the technological roadmap of the Advanced Production Systems Department;
- As a result of the research activity, manage the production of scientific articles, patent registration, and report the progress of research work;
- Manage the human resources of the Department's R&D team;
- Manage the Department's infrastructures (work tools and laboratory facilities);
- Collaborate with CiTin's General Director and/or Business Managers in approaching industrial companies to identify solutions for their technological needs;
- The Advanced Production Systems Department Coordinator reports to the General Director and the Administration.
The candidate should present project management skills and solid R&D experience in the fields of automation/mechatronics, collaborative robotics (Co-Bots), computer vision, flexible production systems (Smart Manufacturing), and proven competences in the development and integration of new technologies for factory floor process control and optimization (manufacturing/quality/etc), as well as in the design and conception of flexible production systems for the factory of the future.
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Ph.D. degree (level 8 in the Portuguese National Qualifications Framework, cf. https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt/quadro_qualificacoes?plid=371), in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Advanced Production Systems, or similar;
- Minimum professional experience of 10 years in R&D activities, carried out in the industry or ENESSI;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership roles (direct or subordinate);
- Scientific publications in the areas of automation and robotics (preferred factor);
- Age over 35 years;
- Knowledge and experience in project management;
- Proven ability to deal and communicate with professionals internally and externally;
- Goal-oriented professional, with a focus on business and autonomy;
- English proficiency;
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills, sense of responsibility and proactive acting in the workplace.
It is an actor that strives for innovation, so it will be essential to have a resilient, dynamic, proactive, ambitious, and conciliatory spirit (consensus generator).
- A good opportunity for your professional development;
- We offer remuneration based on the submitted CV.
CV’s should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference of this announcement in the subject field.
+ info: http://www.citin.pt
The hiring of highly qualified human resources (RHAQ) is done in the context of operation NORTE-06-3559-FSE-000226, financed by the European Social Fund (FSE), through the Northern Regional Operational Program (NORTE2020).
EURAXESS offer ID: 712402
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.