ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropology › Physical anthropologyHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/12/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
The candidate will support the Principal Research (IP) in the development of research activities in the framework of the research project “Diets, Consumption and Mobility in Contact Zones (HESTIA)” funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities (PID2019-105659GB-I00).
Six of these tasks are:
- Creation of a database of the graves from the cemeteries of Empúries (L’Escala, Alt Empordà). Integration of tomb typology, burial assemblages and anthropological data.
- Production of a graphic documentation of the tombs and their furnishings.
- Development of cemeteries’ plans and spatial analysis of the tombs.
- Statistical analysis of the archaeological and anthropological data obtained in the funerary record.
- Support in fieldwork activities, specifically in the sampling of human skeletal remains to carry out isotope analysis.
- Preparation of a technical report and contribution to all the publications resulting from this work.
The contract will be for a postdoctoral researcher who will perform research tasks, with a dedication of 30 hours per week during three months. Social security is included in the contract.
The profile that best matches the position will be notified within a month from the closing of the application. The interested candidates must send their requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, including their CV and a letter stating the reasons why they are interested in the position. Letters and CV may be in English, Catalan or Spanish.
Project and Institution that finance the contract: “Diets, Consumption and Mobility in Contact Zones (HESTIA)”, AEI-PID2019-105659GB-I00/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities and Spanish Research Agency.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: ExcellentENGLISH: Excellent
The candidate has to prove experience in archaeology, physical anthropology and archeothanatology of different contexts of the western Mediterranean between the 8th and the 3rd centuries BC.
The candidate must hold a PhD in Mediterranean Archaeology
EURAXESS offer ID: 711773
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.