RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/12/2021 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › N/A
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE03/01/2022
Pre-Bologna degree or Master degree in Forest Sciences
Application no. 2_rePLANt/2021
ForestWISE aims to develop research, innovation, and technology transfer activities to increase the competitiveness of the Portuguese forest sector and reduce the negative consequences of rural fires. It therefore responds to the Ministers Council Resolution’s purpose n. 159/2017, by combining efforts of universities, the public sector and industry in a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to fire issues, forest enhancement and sustainable development of forest-based industry.
ForestWISE opens competition for a technician in the scope of the project rePLANt - Implementation of collaborative strategies for integrated forest and fire management (Project code POCI-01-0247-FEDER-046081 (Aviso 14/SI/2019 - I&DT Empresarial (Programas Mobilizadores)), co-funded by Compete/Portugal 2020, through the Competitiveness and Innovation Operational Program (POCI) and the Lisbon 2020 Operational Program.
Position: Project Technician
Summary description of the function:
Within the dependency of the executive coordination of ForestWISE and the coordination of rePLANt, it is the technician's responsibility to be contracted:
- Developing research and technology transfer actions, within the scope of the rePLANt project, namely bibliographic research, data analysis using different software (R, SPSS or others) related to forest and rural fires;
- Develop data collection in the field, the application of methods for this purpose and the use of advanced tools to support forest management and risk assessment models for vegetation
- Preparing activity reports associated with their activities, for integration into project reports and activity plans.
- Carry out project management activities.
- Identify opportunities and develop all initiatives that may contribute to the implementation of the activities associated with the project.
- Promote and participate in communication, dissemination, and knowledge transfer initiatives of ForestWISE, associated to the project or others that may be relevant to it.
- Represent ForestWISE when requested, in events and initiatives relevant to their line of work and to ForestWISE in general.
The candidate to be hired will be entitled to an employment contract with a fixed monthly salary between TRU14 and TRU31 levels, according to the curriculum vitae and the experience presented and proven.
Immediate availability (to start on 1 January 2022) and schedule flexibility
ForestWISE actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy. No candidate can be privileged, benefited, harmed, or deprived of any right or exempted from any duty due to, namely, parentage, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic status, education, origin or social status, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic originor race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
- Interview with candidates with curricular evaluation equal to or greater than 15 values
- The final classification will be the weighted average of the curriculum evaluation, which will assume a weight of 70%, and the interview, which will represent 30%
- Selection of the candidate with the best final ranking.
The jury reserves the right to decide not to select any candidate if they agree that none of the candidates has the profile required.
Carlos Manuel Silva – Administrator/manager
Carlos Fonseca - Chief Technology Officer
Alexandra Marques – Executive coordinator
Paulo Fernandes - Executive coordinator
Substitute: Jorge Cunha (Project Manager)
Date: From 24/11/2021 to 03/12/2021
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodPORTUGUESE: Excellent
Pre-Bologna degree or master in Forest Sciences or similar
Personal skills/ Soft Skills:
- Organization and work method skills
- Ease of relationship with differentiated interlocutors
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationships
- Professional experience in the field of forest management, particularly in one or more of the following areas: Sustainable forest management, fire behavior, forest inventory (including sampling and processing of field data);
- Experience in participating in and/or managing research and/or consultancy projects in collaboration with companies and entities within the national scientific and technological system.
- Priority is also given to working experience with public and private forestry sector entities and other players in the forestry sector in Portugal;
- Fluent written and spoken Portuguese and English (level C1 of the Common European Reference Framework)
EURAXESS offer ID: 711763
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.