ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Iceland
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › BiologyMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONIceland › Reykjavík
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
A full-time position for a highly motivated and qualified postdoctoral fellow is available at the Department of Physiology of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work on a project in the cardiovascular field funded for three years. The project focuses on the interplay between biological sex and inflammation in myocardial hypertrophy. The successful candidate will have previous experience in cardiac diseases and will be self-directed with excellent organizational and technical skills, as well as capable of working collaboratively in a team.
- Motivation letter, including relevance of previous experience to the position (max 2 pages)
- Full but succinct CV in a tabular form, including academic experience
- A reference list
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, who will also be asked to provide two reference letters.
Salary will be according to the current collective wage and salary agreement between the trade union and the Minister of Finance.
The University of Iceland is the largest teaching, research and scientific institution in Iceland.
Appointments to positions at the University of Iceland are made in consideration of the Equal Rights Policy of the University of Iceland.
- Doctoral degree in molecular life sciences or a related field
- Experience in cardiac surgery and physiology in mice
- Laboratory experience in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunology
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently and in a team and communication skills
EURAXESS offer ID: 711675
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.