ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Low Temperature and Structure Research Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/12/2021 15:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Wrocław
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
The Director of the W. Trzebiatowski Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences announces a competition for the position of scientific assistant in the Division of Biomedical Physicochemistry.
The Candidate will synthesize oxide and fluoride compounds in the form of nanomaterials doped with ions of lanthanides (Eu3+, Nd3+, Pr3+, Yb3+, Er3+) and transition metals (Cr3+, Mn2+, Mn4+) exhibiting luminescence whose intensity will strongly depend on temperature. Then, the Candidate will perform measurements of spectroscopic properties of the obtained materials, also as a function of temperature, and will interpret the results obtained during the work and prepare them for publication.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM A CANDIDATE:
1. A diploma or a copy of the diploma in English or Polish (if in another language, an English translation must also be attached) confirming that the candidate holds a Master's degree in Physics.
2. Application for employment addressed to the Director of the Institute containing the clause: "I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in my job offer for the purposes necessary for the current recruitment process (in accordance with Article 6(1)(A) of the General Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and the Act of 10 May 2018 on personal data protection (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000)".
3. Scientific curriculum vitae, including information about the candidate's academic career to date (education and employment) and information on participation in conferences, internships, projects, awards and honors, skills and knowledge of foreign languages.
4. List of publications.
5. Brief information on academic achievements to date.
The candidate will be required to submit an authorization to be counted as a staff member conducting research at the Institute at the time of signing.
MODE OF DOCUMENT SUBMISSION :
Complete documents should be submitted electronically to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the message "Competition for Assistant in the Division of Biomedical Physicochemistry No. SN.111.20.2021".
Candidate should be able to start employment from 01.01.2022
The competition will be conducted in accordance with the procedures adopted in INTiBS PAN for employment of scientific staff https://bip.intibs.pl/artykul/152/9513/regulaminy
Information on the outcome of the competition will be posted on the BIP page of INTiBS PAN under the link: https://bip.intibs.pl/
Your personal data is collected and processed by the W. Trzebiatowski Institute of Low Temperatures and Structural Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Wrocław in accordance with the information on personal data processing available at the link:
Information clause for recruitment (RODO):
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Knowledge of nanomaterial synthesis of organic and inorganic materials doped with lanthanide ions and transition metals confirmed by publications.
Knowledge of optical spectroscopy of materials doped with lanthanide ions and transition metals confirmed by publications.
Knowledge of luminescence thermometry, confirmed by publications.
Ability to conduct syntheses of nanomaterials: by the Pechini or thermal decomposition method.
Ability to interpret spectroscopic results of materials doped with transition metal and lanthanide ions.
Ability to present obtained results in the form of oral presentations at scientific conferences.
Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Master's degree in Physics obtained within the last five years;
• Demonstrated scientific achievements and practical knowledge in the above defined research area;
• experience in acquiring and conducting research projects and participation in the implementation of research projects;
• ability to popularize the results of conducted research, including presenting them in the form of scientific publications in English and presentations at international scientific conferences;
• fluency in English;
• independence, ability to work in a team, creativity, high personal culture;
• awards and scholarships received by the candidate will be an additional asset.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 711650
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.