ORGANISATION/COMPANYRUĐER BOŠKOVIĆ INSTITUTE
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Physical chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/12/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Research Associate position at the Division of Materials Chemistry, Radiation Chemistry and Dosimetry Laboratory for work in the area of natural sciences, field of chemistry, branch of physical chemistry. The candidate should have doctorate in chemistry with multiple years of experience in scientific research in radiation chemistry and photochemistry and also in time-resolved techniques, especially laser pulse photolysis; 1 position available.
Prerequisites for Appointment to Scientific Position:
In addition to the general conditions for employment, applicants must meet the requirements stipulated by the Scientific Activity and Higher Education Act and the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions of the Ruđer Bošković Institute.
The following should be attached to the application form:
1. Biography—general information, data on education, acquired professional qualifications and doctoral degree, professional work experience
2. Evidence of academic degree and scientific title (if the applicant has conducted the selection procedure for the appropriate scientific title)
3. Brief summary of scientific activities in the last position held
4. List of scientific papers and a list of the most relevant papers, in accordance with Article 19, paragraph 1, item 10 of the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions
5. Data confirming that the additional prerequisites have been met for appointment to the scientific position from Article 5.- 18. of the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for appointments to Scientific positions, including data on indexation and citation of papers, echo factors of the journal and h-index, data on the main authorship and contacts of the collaboration representative or the main author (in case it is necessary to determine the contribution of the applicant in the creation of the work)
6. Abbreviated program (up to one page) of the planned research
7. A list of proposed eminent foreign scientists (familiar with the scientific work of the candidate), from whom the Appointment Commission shall request written recommendations for the candidate, as follows:
Applicants for appointment to the positions of research associate are required to attach – a list of two foreign scientists.
8. If the candidate is an employee of the Ruđer Bošković Institute, he is obliged to enclose a Certificate of indexation and citation of papers, journal echo factors and h-index, and in other cases the said Certificate will be obtained by an expert committee.
Appointment to a scientific position is for permanent employment.
Applicants who have earned their higher educational qualifications outside Croatia must attach to their application for a scientific position the Ruling on the Recognition of Foreign Higher Educational Qualifications issued by the Agency for Science and Higher Education or a certificate from the Agency for Science and Higher Education on the submitted Application for recognition of foreign higher education qualification.
An application for a hiring competition for a research position, together with the aforementioned required items and the title of the scientific position for which the applicant is applying must be submitted within a period of 30 days from the date of the announcement of the competition in Narodne novine [The Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia] to the following address: Ruđer Bošković Institute, Human Resources Department, Bijenička cesta 54, Zagreb, and should be marked ''Za natječaj – Contest point 6 –Research Associate ” [Hiring Competition].
In accordance with Article 13. of the Gender Equality Act, persons of both sexes may compete in hiring competitions.
The job offer published on the official internet portal for the positions of the European Research Area, the Statute of the Ruđer Bošković Institute and the Regulations on Supplementary Prerequisites for Appointments to Scientific Positions and Excerpt from RBI Statute (Prerequisites for Appointment to the Professional Ranks and Positions) can be viewed at the website http://www.irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Administrativne-strucne-i-tehnicke-sluzbe/Natj... and http://www.irb.hr/O-IRB-u/Javni-dokumenti.
Candidates Claiming Priority for Employment in accordance with Article 102. of the Croatian War Veterans Act and Members of Their Families (Ministarstvo hrvatskih branitelja Republike Hrvatske - 15. Kako se ostvaruje pravo prednosti pri zapošljavanju prema Zakonu o hrvatskim braniteljima iz Domovinskog rata i članovima njihovih obitelji? (gov.hr)) and in whom there are no obstacles referred to in Article 104. of this Law, they are obliged to submit all the necessary documentation referred to in Article 103. of that Law in order to be able to gain precedence in the competition.
Late applications and applications without proof that the required prerequisites have been met will not be considered.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Multiple years of experience in scientific research in radiation chemistry and photochemistry and also in time-resolved techniques, especially laser pulse photolysis.
EURAXESS offer ID: 711609
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.