ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto Politécnico de Coimbra
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/12/2021 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Coimbra
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE03/01/2022
The activities to be executed are the following:
1) Harvest of plant material, leaves in the installed tests and roots;
2) Assessing the genetic conformity of plant material;
3) Processing of plant material and roots of mycorrhizal plants: DNA extraction;
4) Analysis of genetic stability using SSR, establishment of qPCR and HRM reactions;
5) Data processing and analysis of results.
The scholarship will last for 12 months and can not exceed the end date of the project.
Applications must be sent exclusively by e‐mail to email@example.com, with the subject “IIA – LIC‐1 – Forest 4 Future” and should include the following documents:
- Elements of the National Identity Card/Citizen Card/Passport/Visa/Title of Residence; Tax Identification Number (NIF);
- Documents proving that the candidate meets the conditions defined in the admission requirements, namely, 1) certificate of qualifications and 2) certificate of enrollment in Masters in Biochemistry or Biotechnology or in courses not leading to an academic degree integrated in the educational project from an institution of higher education;
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate, in Portuguese or in English;
- Motivation letter, in Portuguese or in English;
- Letters of reference or recommendation, including the contact details of the authors of the recommendations;
Monthly Maintenance Allowance corresponds to the basic value of 835.98 euros per month, according to the table of grants of FCT, I.P. in the country (Appendix I ‐ Table of monthly maintenance allowances for the FCT I.P. Research Grant Regulation): http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores. with the payment being made monthly by bank transfer.
To this amount is added the Voluntary Social Insurance corresponding to the 1st tier, if the applicant chooses to register, and Personal Accident Insurance.
Web site for additional job details
Graduated in the field of Biotechnology.
Prove to be enrolled in a master's or in an integrated master's degree in the field Biotechnology or Biochemistry or enrolled in non‐conferring courses of academic degree integrated in the educational project of a higher education institution.
Have experience in the Functional Contents of the Operation and Domain in the application of techniques and protocols both in the laboratory and field:
a) Procedures for harvesting plant material, leaves and roots;
b) Processing of plant material and roots of mycorrhizal plants: DNA extraction;
c) Establishment of qPCR and HRM reactions for analysis of genetic conformity / stability;
d) Data processing and analysis of results
EURAXESS offer ID: 711508
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.