ORGANISATION/COMPANYKarl Landsteiner Privatuniversität
RESEARCH FIELDPharmacological sciences › Clinical pharmacology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/12/2021 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Krems
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK30
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Established in 2013, the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems and includes a network of comprising teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. The university offers degree programmes in Human Medicine, Psychotherapy, Counselling Sciences and Psychology, which are tailored to the requirements of the Bologna model, opening the door to new, cutting-edge health professions. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions. With immediate effect, the KL offers a 3-year research position at the Division “Pharmacology” (Head: Univ. Prof. Dr. Dagmar Stoiber-Sakaguchi):
PhD Candidate (Pre Doc, Research Assistant, 30 hrs) (f/m/d)
• Participation in the research projects at the Division Pharmacology (PhD thesis)
• Development and conducting of in vivo and in vitro (cell culture) models using molecular biology, immunological and immunocytological methods
• Supervision of students and participation in teaching
Information on the research project: Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs) are a group of hematologic diseases dependent on activation of the Janus Kinase (JAK) –Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT) pathway. Ruxolitinib, a JAK1/JAK2 inhibitor, is an efficient treatment approach in MPNs but leads to a severe impairment of innate immunity, especially natural killer (NK) cells. Using a mouse model of mutant CALR-driven MPN, in vitro human systems and patient samples, we plan to investigate the effects of mutant CALR on NK cell development and function at different disease stages. Further, we aim to compare the effect of novel JAK2- specific inhibitors on the disease progression and on NK cells with Ruxolitinib. Methods: Molecular biology, cell culture, flow cytometry, histology
• Diploma or master's degree in life sciences
• Interest in science and in conducting a PhD thesis project
• Preferred: Background in molecular biology, cell biology, immunology and/or mouse models
• Previous experience with mouse models and/or immunological methods will be considered as advantage
• Willingness to participate in teaching and mentoring students
• Ability to plan and pursue experiments independently
• Mobility (collaboration project with University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna)
• Friendly, open appearance and team spirit
You can expect a challenging job in a highly motivated team. KL is committed to an anti-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities and diversity. KL specifically encourages qualified people with different diversity characteristics (gender, age, ethnicity, denomination, sexual orientation, etc.) to apply. The minimum monthly gross salary for this position is 2,200 (30 hrs) gross per month.
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae and credentials and should be mailed by 31st of December 2021 referring to jobnumber “2137” to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (email@example.com).
EURAXESS offer ID: 711457
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.