ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto Superior Técnico
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK35
REFERENCE NUMBERPublic Notice 1346/2021
- Carry out, develop, and conduct scientific research projects, and be active in acquisition of external research funding;
- Teach courses at undergraduate (Bsc), graduate (Msc) and post-graduate (Phd) levels, and inspire students through teaching and supervision;
- Participate in activities related to the university representation, scientific divulgation and knowledge transfer to society;
- Carry out regular managing activities as a faculty member.
Duration of contract: Possible Tenure track position with evaluation after 1 year
Salary: € 50.566 to € 65.505 gross salary per year, plus health coverage and other benefits. Other salary supplements are linked to participation in R&D projects
Information and application:
For more information about this position, and instructions on how to apply, please follow the link:
The position should start before the end of 2022
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalent
Desired skills and experience:
Focus candidate: Experienced candidates who have demonstrated research potential and capacities that intend to boost their university career.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Engineering or a related area with interest in the scientific field of this competition;
- Strong publication record;
- Record of awarded grants;
- Ability to provide inspiring teaching (in English and/or Portuguese);
- Ability to deal with scientific/engineering challenges in contact with industrial partners;
- Ability to set up and lead scientific research projects, to increase international contacts and improve the experience in acquisition of external funding;
- High motivation to implement her/his own vision and setting up her/his own (externally funded) research programme;
- Team leader, communication skills, open-mindedness.
EURAXESS offer ID: 711417
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.