ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité de Bretagne Occidentale
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesAnthropologyArchitectureArtsAstronomyBiological sciencesChemistryCommunication sciencesCriminologyCultural studiesDemographyEconomicsEducational sciencesEngineeringEnvironmental scienceEthics in health sciencesEthics in natural sciencesEthics in physical sciencesEthics in social sciencesGeographyGeosciencesHistoryInformation scienceJuridical sciencesLanguage sciencesLiteratureManagement sciencesMathematicsNeurosciencesOtherPhilosophyPhysicsPolitical sciencesPsychological sciencesReligious sciencesSociologyTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Brest
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36h40
OFFER STARTING DATE31/01/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Description of position
The University of Bretagne Occidentale (UBO) and its 5 partners (Cadiz, Gdansk, Kiel, Malta and Split) form the SEA-EU European Alliance (https://sea-eu.org/), winner of the first Erasmus+ "European Universities" call for projects.
In January 2021, the Alliance launched the ReSEArch-EU programme to focus on the research component of the SEA-EU Alliance. This programme, fully integrated in the long-term strategy of the Alliance, is a Horizon2020 project, funded under a SWAFS (Science with and for Society) call, and runs for 3 years (2021-2023).
As a Task Officer, you will be mainly involved in the task of "designing and developing a long-term research plan for SEAEU" for all 6 universities, all research themes considered.
You will work in close collaboration with the Vice Presidents of Research and Innovation of the UBO and the Alliance, the researchers of the 6 SEA-EU universities, from all disciplines, as well as with the coordination team of the reSEArch-EU programme.
For more information: https://researcheu.sea-eu.org/
The final objective is to produce a Dirgest, with the collaboration of all European partners, on the medium and long term challenges and perspectives for the research actors within the Alliance.
You will have to :
Produce a summary qualifying the current situation :
- Oversee the collection, pooling and analysis of data (quantitative and qualitative) to develop an inventory of the current state of research within the alliance
- Collect and analyse sectoral data, related to the structuring and funding of research in Europe, to produce a comprehensive analysis, from short to long term.
- Identify key issues and opportunities for strategic deployment, taking into account disciplinary and interdisciplinary interests, for the researchers of the Alliance.
- Define scenarios and action plans that will enable the Alliance to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Organise and facilitate Task Force activities (collaborative brainstorming)
- Conduct individual interviews
- Formulate high-level, evidence-based policy advice
- Report, disseminate and promote study findings, produce written reports and make presentations
- Liaise and communicate with other stakeholders
Indicative gross monthly salary : 3000€
Social benefits - working conditions
- Choice of 4.5 or 5 working days per week
- 45 days annual leave
- Possibility of working from home up to 1,5 days a week
Please note, this position is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the EU.
Application deadline : 02/01/2022
- Application file : CV + cover letter
- Email address to apply: email@example.com
- Provisional date of interview : 06/01/2021
- Part of the interview may be conducted in French
- Provisional starting date : 31/01/2022 at the latest
12 months contract, renewable once.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentFRENCH: Good
- Professional research experience(s), preferably in an international and/or interdisciplinary environment
Background knowledge :
- Organisation and operations of the French and European Higher Education system
- Organisation, funding, issues and developments in research and innovation in Europe
- Scientific culture and curiosity, beyond one's field of study
Operationnal skills :
- Data analysis skills: technical skills in statistics and quantitative and qualitative analysis methods (projection, modelling), database management, dashboards and observatories
- Synthesis and critical thinking skills: ability to interpret data and make them understandable to others, ability to prioritise information and argue in order to support decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including those acquired through working with stakeholders at a distance, and in a cross-cultural interpretation setting
- High proficiency in spoken and written English (C1), Good working knowledge of French (B2),
- Computer literacy and knowledge of software packages, including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Adobe programs. Experience with basic statistics tools and software would be appreciated.
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of initiative
Required level :
- PhD or doctorate’s degree in any subject area
- Significant knowledge and experience of Research (in France and/or abroad)
- A post-doctorate or Research Management experience would be an added-value
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of research projects
The activity involves numerous exchanges within and outside the institution. It may require travel.
EURAXESS offer ID: 711322
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.