ORGANISATION/COMPANYWarsaw University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Information technologyTechnology › Telecommunications technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/01/2022 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/03/2022
We seek for a perspective PhD candidate in the filed of optical communications technology, signal processing. The candidate should have MSc degree in electrical or electronic engineering/physics/mathematics or related fields.
Internet of Things, Big Data, Cloud Processing, Video on Demand in 4k standard, Sensor Networks - these are just a few examples of new applications generating large amounts of data that have to be carried over telecommunication networks. In the National Science Center project entitled "Optical transmission with the use of at least 100% bandwidth efficiency modulation" we will look for such modulations that will allow to use the available bandwidth of optical transmission systems in full or even to a greater extent than that resulting from the classical limitation of modulation speed in a channel.
The task of the scholarship holder(s) will be:
- developing new, bandwidth-efficient methods of encoding, shaping and correcting signals and comparing these methods with known methods
- creating software models of the transceiver,
- performing simulations and experimental studies in an excellently equipped optical transmission laboratory located at the Institute of Telecommunications
- analysis of transmission quality, energy efficiency and computational complexity of new transmission schemes
A successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Master's degree in electronics, physics, mathematics or related fields,
- Fluency in oral and written English,
- Computer programming skills (Matlab preferred, C, Python possible),
- Ability to cope with maths applied in the field of signal processing
The successful candidate will receive during the 30 month employment period a monthly scholarship of appx. 7000 PLN net (1500 EUR).
Monthly salary of appx. 7000 PLN (1500 EUR) net
Additional recruitment to the Doctors School of the Warsaw University of Technology will be required.
Additional job information: stepniak AT tele.pw.edu.pl
EURAXESS offer ID: 711037
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.