ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Aveiro
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/12/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Aveiro
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Reference: Public notice 3/2021/BI/GOVCOPP
NOTICE FOR THE AWARD OF GRANTS IN THE SCOPE OF R&D PROJECTS AND INSTITUTIONS
A tender is hereby open for the granting of a Research Grant (BI) within the scope of the R&D Unit of Research in Governance, Competitiveness and Public Policy – GOVCOPP (UIDB/04058/2020), under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering and Management, and other related areas.
2. Funding Source
a) Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (PIDDAC)
Candidates must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in the aforementioned scientific areas and must be enrolled in a PhD. The applicants must have a sound qualification in research methods, notably in conducting activities for collection and analysis of information, both quantitative and qualitative. IT is valued any former experience of research in the aforementioned scientific areas, including the conduction of data collection and analysis tasks. Applicants should also have a good command of English language and hold excellent competencies in writing and developing scientific reports.
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an integrated master's degree, master's or doctoral program.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG(s) awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.
5. Work plan:
The activities will be conducted under the scope of the Research Line in Competitiveness Innovation and Sustainability (CIS). Activities involve the support and collaboration in the following domains of work: support to the activities related to the communication and dissemination of information to the researchers in the Research Line of CIS; collaboration in the monitoring of opportunities for research and international cooperation; collaboration in the development of international projects and in the preparation of project applications; collaboration in the valorisation of the research results of the Research Line CIS, by means of publications and academic communications.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Research Unit on Governance, Competitiveness and Public Policies, at the University of Aveiro, under the scientific guidance of Professor Dr. Marlene Paula Castro Amorim.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 12 months, starting on 1st January 2022 and may be renewed for additional periods of 12 months, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €1,104.64, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan, as well as other components, namely tuition fees, up to the maximum amount provided for therein in the table in Appendix II of Regulation 950/2019.
10. Selection methods: The selection of candidates will take into account the curriculum and the experience of the applicants, and the following elements will be appreciated: academic qualifications and professional experience (50%); experience in research activities and familiarity with the research domain of the Research Line of CIS (50%) in a first stage of evaluation. The jury can decide, if necessary, to conduct a second stage of evaluation, by conducting interviews with the tree candidates that received the best evaluation in the first stage. If so, the final classification will be obtained as an average of the classifications from the first and second stages.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: The selection of candidates will be carried out by a jury consisting of the President of jury Professor Dr. Marlene Paula Castro Amorim, Professor Doctor Elisabete Fátima Simões Vieira and Professor Doctor Anabela Botelho Veloso.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from the 23th of November 2021 to the 07th of December 2021, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents:
Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copy of Certificates of Qualifications; and proof of enrollment in the Doctoral Program. Candidates must also indicate their email address to ensure all communications within the scope of this procedure.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through an ordered list by final mark obtained posted on the University's website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until March 2022 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
- University of Aveiro (19/11/2021)
EURAXESS offer ID: 710509
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.