ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Systems and Robotics - Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Coimbra
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERReference: ISR-CAP-END- POSDOC/2021
CALL FOR HIRING ONE POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS UNDER ARTCLE 19 FROM DECREE-LAW NR 57/2016, OF 29th AUGUST, CHANGED BY LAW NR 57/2017, OF 19th JULY
Reference: ISR-CAP-END- POSDOC/2021
Applications from November 22, 2021 to January 15, 2022
Instituto de Sistemas e Robótica (ISR) - Coimbra opens a call to hire one Postdoctoral Researcher corresponding to the initial level according to the Applicable Regulation, under an Unfixed-term contract under Sistema de Apoio à Investigação Científica e Tecnológica (SAICT) – Call nr. 02/SAICT/2017 - Projeto de Investigação Científica e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico (IC&DT), funded by Investment and Structural European Funds (FEEI) - Programa Operacional Regional do Centro and National Funds (FCT) under the research project nº. 028960, MULTI-CAM CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY IMAGERY: 3D CAPSULE LOCATION AND DETECTION OF ABNORMALITIES.
- Decree-Law nr 57/2016, from 29th August, altered by Law nr 57/2017, from 19th July, that approves a Doctoral Hiring regime to stimulate Scientific and Technological Employment in all knowledge areas (RJEC).
- Portuguese Labor Law, approved by Law nr 7/2009, from 12thFebruary in its current writing.
- Regulatory Decree Nr 11-A / 2017, of 29th December.
- Goals and research topics to develop: This project aims to investigate and develop localization methods for endoscopy capsules, and also to develop methods for the detection of abnormalities. Despite the important medical benefits of wireless capsule endoscopy, one biggest drawback of this technology is the impossibility of knowing the WCE precise location when an abnormality is detected in the WCE video. An accurate estimate of the WCE location together with the location of one of reference points (e.g. pylorus or ileocecal valve) would be medically extremely useful, since it would permit to measure the distance from the reference point to the capsule. The goals of this project are threefold. The primary goal is to devise techniques for determining the location of the wireless capsule inside the GI tract. As the main objective of a wireless capsule video examination consists in searching for abnormal features in the images, the secondary goal of this project is automatic detection of different and medical relevant abnormalities in wireless capsule images. The third goal is a consequence of the previous two and aims at defining computer-aided medical systems for diagnosis.
The project team is made up of people from the Institute of Systems and Robotics of Coimbra (Proponent), and the University of Coimbra.
- Members of the Jury: According to article nr 13 from RJEC, the jury is composed by Helder Araújo (President of the jury and Principal Investigator of the Project), Isabel Figueiredo (Co-Responsible for the Project, Department of Mathematics) and Jorge Batista (Faculty of Medicine).
- Start Date and workplace: The contract is expected to start in January 2021 and it ends when the purpose of this contract ends. The activities will be developed at ISR-Coimbra facilities (Pole II).
- Monthly remuneration: Gross monthly Remuneration is 2.134,73€, in accordance with subsection a), section 1, article 15 from Law nr 57/2017, 19th July, and with the remuneration position at initial level predicted in article 2 of Regulatory Decree nr 11-A/2017, of 29th December, correspondent to level 33 at Tabela Remuneratória Única, approved by Order nr 1553-C/2008, 31st December, updated under the terms of the decree-law 10/2021 from 1st of February.
- Profile of Candidate: Any National, foreign and stateless candidate(s) that hold the following requirements can apply:
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or closely related area;
- Proven experience in Computer Vision, Image Processing or related field;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Application procedure: The call is open from November 22, 2021 to January 15, 2022, and the application documents (indicated below) should be sent, in PDF format, to the email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the Reference of the position Reference: ISR-CAP-END- POSDOC/2021 (mandatory):
- Motivation Letter in English, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone;
- Detailed CV in English;
- PhD Certificate;
- ORCID and Scopus identifiers;
- Contact of 2 references.
Note: The non-compliance with these requirements determines the immediate rejection of application.
- False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
- ISR-Coimbra promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
- Pursuant to Decree-Law nr 29/2001 of 3rd February, disabled candidates shall be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honour, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication / expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.
- Evaluation criteria: The admitted applications will be evaluated taking into account the quality, timeliness and relevance of the scientific track record (scientific production and research experience) and curriculum of each candidate and their adequacy to the proposed work plan.
First phase: Curriculum Analysis (90%), and Motivation Letter (10%).
Second phase: The jury will select for the interview (evaluation: 10%) those candidates who have obtained a score equal or higher than 80% of the maximum score. If there are no applications of candidates whose classification score, at the end of the two phases, is not at least of 80%, the jury has the right of not selecting any of the candidates. In the event of a tie, the decision will be responsibility of the president of the jury. In the case of foreign candidates living outside Portugal, the interview will be conducted by videoconference.
- After evaluation of all admitted applications, the jury will write a meeting minute with all process of recruitment, evaluation and selection including an ordered short list of approved candidates and their respective classification and final decision of the jury.
- The final decision of the jury shall be validated by the Head of the Institution, who is also in charge of deciding about the hiring.
- Results: Both admitted and excluded candidates list and final classification list shall be posted at ISR facilities (Pinhal de Marrocos, Polo II, Coimbra) and all candidates will be notified by email.
- Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: Pursuant to article 121 of the Administrative Procedure Code, after notified, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 710489
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.