RESEARCH FIELDAnthropologyArchitectureArtsAstronomyBiological sciencesChemistryCommunication sciencesComputer scienceCultural studiesEconomicsEducational sciencesEngineeringEnvironmental scienceEthics in health sciencesEthics in natural sciencesEthics in physical sciencesEthics in social sciencesGeographyGeosciencesHistoryInformation scienceJuridical sciencesLanguage sciencesManagement sciencesMathematicsMedical sciencesNeurosciencesOtherPharmacological sciencesPhilosophyPhysicsPsychological sciencesSociologyTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Rennes Cedex 7
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER899546
BIENVENÜE is an international post-doctoral fellowship programme aiming at attracting talented scientists to develop their two-year project in Breton laboratories. The programme is co-funded by the European MSCA-COFUND programme (under Horizon2020), the regional council of Brittany (Région Bretagne) and the Host Institutions. BIENVENÜE is coordinated by Région Bretagne and is implemented over a period of 5 years, with 3 annual calls of 25 24-month fellowships (2021, 2022, 2023).
The second call deadline is 15th February 2022, with fellowships starting between September 2022 and January 2023.
The candidates will design their research project, which should contribute directly or indirectly to the implementation of the Breton Regional Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy (RIS3). Projects can range from fundamental to applied reseach, and are encouraged to include intersectorial or multidisciplinary elements.
BIENVENÜE follows a thematical rather than a discipline approach: projects from every discipline can be funded as long as they relate directly or indirectly to one of the strategic objectives of the Breton RIS3 and are related to the Strategic Innovation Areas: Maritime economy for blue growth, Secure and responsible digital economy, Health and welfare economics for a better quality of life, Food economy for everyone to eat well, Economics of industry for intelligent productions, and finally a transversal axis around transitions.
A wide range of research disciplines can therefore be funded through BIENVENÜE such as:
Anthropology, Architecture, Arts, Astronomy, Biological sciences, Chemistry, Communication Sciences, Computer science, cultural studies, demography, economics, educational sciences, engineering, environmental science, ethics in health sciences, ethics in natural sciences, ethics in physical sciences, ethics in social sciences, geography, geosciences, history, information science, juridical sciences, language sciences, management sciences, technology, sociology, psychological sciences, neurosciences, pharmalogical sciences, mathematics, philosophy, medical sciences, political sciences, physics,…
Projects with a social sciences approach are particularly welcome.
The fellows will be employed by one of BIENVENÜE partner institutions within Breton premises: Agrocampus Ouest, IMT Atlantique, Inria, Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Université de Bretagne-Sud, Université de Rennes 1, Université Rennes 2 and Sorbonne Université – Roscoff Marine Station.
The BIENVENÜE fellowship includes an attractive training programme (research-oriented and on transferable skills) as well as local support to develop innovative projects. Collaborations with additionnal actors in the academic or socio-economic sectors are encouraged through secondments. Finally, dedicated staff will provide assistance to the fellows to prepare and live in Brittany.
- 24 month fellowship of 4 510€/month (this amount includes taxes paid by the fellow and the host institution on the work contract, which may vary over time) employed and full social security coverage (family allowance, parental and sick leave, 25 vacation days per year minimum, pension contribution, unenmployment benefits once the the contract is over)
- Research costs, management and training activities provided by the Host Institution
- BIENVENÜE training programme, career development support and tools
- Live in Brittany with high-level quality of life and get support for your arrival and during your stay
- Compliance with the MSCA mobility rule: applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in France for more than 12 months in the last three years before the call deadline (period 15/02/2019 – 15/02/2022)
- Be qualified as Recognized Researcher: be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience
- Research project designed contributes directly or indirectly to the implementation of the Breton Regional Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy (RIS3)
- Is is mandatory for an applicant to contact and find beforehand a Breton researcher that agrees to supervise the fellow if the application is successful. For this purpose, and in addition to applicants’ personal networks, applicants may find Breton researchers’ expressions of interest to supervise a BIENVENÜE fellow on the programme website.
First step: eligibility check
Second step: scientific evaluation by independent experts
Third step: consensus selection by a international scientific board
Results will be published on 23rd June 2022 on the BIENVENÜE website.
Further information: msca-bienvenue.bretagne.bzh
Apply only on: region.bretagne.bzh/recherche
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 710312
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.