ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences › Education
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/12/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20 hours per week; will be increased to 30 hours per week once the dissertation agreement has been signed
- for 4 years
In this position you are expected to write a dissertation in a stimulating environment using the university's infrastructure. You will hold your own lectures, tutor students and participate in administration. 50% of the working time is reserved for the thesis.
- Manage and carry through a doctoral thesis project in the field of Mathematics Education;
- Attend PhD courses;
- Write Scientific articles and own PhD Thesis in the field of Mathematics Education;
- Participate in research projects in the field of Mathematics Education Research conducted at the Area of Science, Geography, Computer Science and Mathematics Education at the Department of Subject-Specific Education, University of Innsbruck, Austria;
- Teach in the field of Mathematics Education (pre-service teacher education) and supervision of students;
- Administrative work for the department.
- The candidate should hold a Diploma or Master Degree in Mathematics Education;
- Good knowledge of German, if German is not the native language: C1;
- desired: the candidate should have good communication skills in both spoken and written English (C1);
- desired: diploma or master thesis in Mathematics Education;
- desired: school teaching and/or university teaching experience;
- desired: experience in statistics and data science;
- desired: additional qualifications relevant to the subject;
- the application must be accompanied by a dissertation exposé of 3-4 pages;
- ability to cooperate; creative problem-solving skills; ability to work in a team; teaching skills.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 707251
Posting organisation offer ID: SOE-12259
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.