ORGANISATION/COMPANYARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação Tecnologia e Inovação
RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Environmental technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Funchal
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
Official Opening Notice published in "Diário da República n.º 218/2021, Série II de 2021-11-10, páginas 233 - 237"
ARDITI - Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology, and Innovation - Association
NOTICE OF OPENING OF INTERNATIONAL SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE HIRING OF RESEARCHER DOCTORATE UNDER DECREE-LAW No. 57/2016, OF AUGUST 29, WITH THE CHANGES, INTRODUCED BY-LAW No. 57/2017, OF JULY 19 AND SUPPLEMENTARY LEGISLATION
Notice No: ARDITI-FIELDGUIDE-01
1 — On October 15, 2021, the Board of ARDITI - Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology, and Innovation - Association decided to open it was decided to open an international selection procedure for a post of researcher/doctorate of initial level, under an unspecified fixed-term employment contract under the Labour Code, for the exercise of Scientific Research activities in the area of Environmental Education and related areas, within the framework of the project 'Field Guide: Interactive Mobile Tools for Site-Based Learning' funded by national funds through FCT/MCTES (PIDDAC).
The project "Field Guide," to be developed under this contract, involves students from the 2nd and 3rd Cycles of Primary and Secondary Education exploring their immediate natural environment. Its starting point is the relevance of a science curriculum based on pedagogical innovations such as 'local-based learning,' 'phenomenological learning,' and 'project-based learning. The work to be done with schools will also promote the use of ICT in the context of the public school system of the Azores, as well as contribute to the regionalization of the curriculum.
The work to be carried out by the researcher to be hired includes:
• Participation in the implementation and testing of an experimental prototype with the target group of the project;
• Participation in the design of the device for evaluating the products and results of the project;
• Writing of scientific articles for dissemination of project results; and
• Participation in cultural and scientific events, national or international, for dissemination of products and results of the project.
2 - Applicable legislation:
• Decree-Law No. 57/2016, of August 29, which approves a doctoral contracting regime aimed at stimulating scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge (RJEC), in the wording granted to it by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19, also taking into account the provisions of Regulatory Decree No. 11-A/2017, December 29, which establishes the remuneration levels in the doctoral contracting regime;
• Labor Code, approved by Law No. 7/2009 of February 12, in its current wording.
3- Jury: In accordance with Article 13 of the RJEC, the Jury of the contest has the following composition:
• Professor Sónia Matos (President),
• Professor Ana Moura Arroz (Vowel),
• Professor Rosalina Maria de Almeida Gabriel (Vowel), and
• Dr. Isabel Amorim do Rosário (Alternate).
4 - Workplace: The work will be developed at the Interactive Technologies Institute (ARDITI/ITI), based in Funchal, Madeira Island, under the coordination of the Principal Investigator of the project, Dr. Sonia Matos. The fieldwork will be developed in collaboration with the Azores Biodiversity Group (cE3c/ABG), at the Faculty of Agrarian and Environmental Sciences, based in Angra do Heroísmo, Terceira Island, under the scientific guidance of Professor Rosalina Gabriel.
5 - In compliance with article 2 of Regulation Decree No. 11-A/2017 of December 29, the monthly remuneration to be awarded to the contract to be concluded under this concursal procedure is 2,134.73€, corresponding to level 33 of the Single Remuneration Table, approved by Ordinance No. 1553-C/2008, dated December 31, in its updated version.
6.1 It is the enabling standard of this concursal procedure decree Law No. 57/2016 of August 29, in its current wording, which approved the regime for hiring doctorates in order to stimulate scientific and technological employment in all areas of knowledge.
6.2 The opening of this concursal procedure is intended for the selection of a doctoral researcher's post to carry out Scientific Research activities under an employment contract with an uncertain term under the Labor Code, approved by Law no. º 7/2009 of February 12 in its current wording, being the basis of the contracting the execution of a determined, precisely defined and non-lasting service, within the scope of the project 'Field Guide: Interactive Mobile Tools for Location-Based Learning' which its estimated completion date is September 30, 2022.
6.3 The termination or completion of the project, financing, or tasks for which the worker has been hired, described in point 1 of this notice, shall determine the expiry of the contract, which shall operate in accordance with Article 345(1) of the Labour Code: "The uncertain fixed-term employment contract shall expire when provided for the occurrence of the term, the employer shall report the termination of the same to the worker, at least seven, 30 or 60 days in advance according to the contract has lasted up to six months, from six months to two years or for a longer period."
7. The concursal procedure may be opponents of national, foreign, and stateless candidates who hold the degree of doctor/ a, in the field of knowledge or specialty that covers the scientific area(s) of Marine Ecology, Biological Sciences, or related scientific area, as well as those to whom, under Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16, regulated by Ordinance No. 33/2019, of January 25, as amended by Ordinance No. 43/2020 of February 14, all the rights inherent to the ownership of the Doctor's degree were recognized and are still holders of a scientific and professional curriculum that reveals an appropriate profile to the activity to be developed.
7.1 If you are not a native speaker of the Portuguese language, you have the language skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CODER).
7.2. If you are not a native English speaker, you have the language skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CODER).
8. Formalization of applications:
8.1 Applications must be addressed to the Chairman of the Arditi Board of Directors and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes, in the subject, the identification of this notice "ARDITI-FIELGUIDE-2021-001" and, in the body, the full name, affiliation, number, and date of the identity card, citizen card, or civil identification number, tax identification number, date and location of birth, profession, residence and contact address, including e-mail address and telephone contact.
Recognition of a Doctor's degree must be obtained before the start date of the contractt, if the candidate in an eligible place has obtained a Doctor's degree abroad.
8.2 The application shall be accompanied by documents proving the conditions laid down in paragraph 7 for admission to this concursal procedure, in particular:
a) Letter of motivation;
(b) Detailed curriculum vitae, including academic qualifications and experience;
(c) Letters of recommendation are optional and may, however, contribute to a positive evaluation of applicants;
d) Other documents that the applicant justifies are relevant to the examination of his candidacy.
8.3 The applicants submit the application and the documents referred to in 8.1 and 8.2, in PDF format, until the last day of the deadline for the opening of the concursal procedure, which is fixed within ten working days after the publication of this notice. A candidate may, on the basis of the impossibility or excessive burden of sending by e-mail any of the documents referred to in 8.1 and 8.2, deliver them on physical support, respecting the date referred to above, by registered mail with acknowledged notice of receipt to the postal address "Madeira Tecnopolo Building, Floor 2, Caminho da Penteada, 9020-105 Funchal" or by hand in the Administrative and Financial Department of ARDITI. If the justification of the candidate for the delivery of documents is not accepted only on physical support, he is given by the President of the Jury an additional period of five working days to present them also in digital media.
8.4 The application and documents may be submitted in Portuguese or English, without the President of the Jury, if he is part of a member who does not master the Portuguese language, require that, within a reasonable period, the candidate to translate into English a document previously submitted by him in Portuguese.
9. By decision of the Chairman of the Board of Directors of ARDITI, candidates who do not comply with paragraph 8 are not admitted by decision of the Chairman of the Board of Directors of ARDITI, and candidates who do not submit the application, or do not submit all the documents referred to in points (a) to (c) of point 8.2, are excluded, or that present them in an illegible, incorrectly filled, or invalid manner. It also has the power to require any applicant, in case of doubt and for the purposes of his admission to the concursal procedure, to submit documents proving his/her statements.
10. Approval on absolute merit:
10.1 The Jury shall decide on its approval or rejection on absolute merit by justified roll-call vote where abstentions are not allowed.
10.2 It is considered approved on absolute merit by the candidate who obtains a favorable vote from more than half of the voting members of the Jury.
10.3 Candidates who have a relevant scientific and curricular path for the scientific(s) area of the concursal procedure and taking into account their compliance with the weighting criteria identified in 14 shall be approved on absolute merit.
10.4 The vote unfavorable to approval on absolute merit may also be substantiated by the failure to comply with the following circumstances:
a) the curriculum of the candidate to be shown to be clearly insufficient and unframed from the scientific area(s), sick of serious inaccuracies, or is not supported by the previous work of the candidate.
11. In accordance with Article 5 of the RJEC, the selection is made by evaluating the scientific and curricular paths of the candidates.
12. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular pathway focuses on relevance, quality, and timeliness:
(a) the scientific, technological, academic, and cultural or artistic production of the last three years considered more relevant by the applicant;
(b) applied or practice-based research activities carried out in the last five years and considered to have the most significant impact by the applicant;
(c) the activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge carried out in the last five years, in particular in the context of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, considered of greater relevance by the candidate;
(d) the management activities of science, technology, and innovation programs, or the experience in observing and monitoring the scientific and technological system or higher education in Portugal or abroad.
13. The three-year period referred to in the preceding paragraph may be increased by the Jury, at the request of the applicant, when reasoned to suspend scientific activity for socially protected reasons, in particular for reasons of parental leave, severe prolonged illness, and other situations of unavailability for legally supervised work.
14. The selection of the doctorate/a contract will be made through evaluation of the scientific-pedagogical and curricular path of the candidates, focusing on the relevance, quality, timeliness, and suitability of this path to the functions to be performed, considering the last three years of activity, according to the evaluation criteria and weightings described below.
14. 1 — Candidate Profile: The researcher is expected to be fully committed to the success of the project, candidates who demonstrate to have:
a) Ph.D. degree in Biology, Psychology, Environmental Sciences, Education, or related areas;
b) Proven knowledge in the organization and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
c) Work experience and/or research with children and young people;
d) Experience working in the organization and/or evaluation of ecological and/or environmental interventions;
(e) ability to synthesise research results;
f) Experience of scientific publication, preferably in journals of recognized international merit;
g) Mastery of Portuguese and English.
14.2 - Evaluation Criteria:
a) Quality of scientific production, considered more relevant by the candidate and relevant to the project to be developed, which was given a weighting factor of 60 %;
(b) applied or practice-based research activities considered to have the greatest impact by the applicant and relevant to the project to be developed, which was given a weighting factor of 25 % considering:
• Contribution to the development and evolution of environmental education, namely place-based education;
(c) the activities of extension and dissemination of knowledge, in particular in the context of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, considered of greater relevance by the candidate, and relevant to the project to be developed, to which a weighting factor of 10 % was given considering:
• Contribution to the development and evolution of environmental education;
d) Adequacy and relevance of the motivation letter, weighting factor of 5%.
15. The Jury may decide to select up to 3 candidates who will be called upon to hold a presentation session of the results of their investigation, following which the members of the Jury should stimulate an open debate on their content and innovative character. This presentation session is not a selection method and is not classified, aiming merely to obtain clarifications or explanations of elements contained in the curricula of the candidates.
16. The Jury, whenever it deems necessary, may request the candidate to submit additional supporting documents of the statements of the candidate, which are relevant to the analysis and classification of his candidacy.
17. Classification of candidates:
17.1. Each member of the Jury has awarded a classification to each of the candidates in each evaluation criterion, on a scale from 0 to 100 points, ordering the candidates according to their final classification consisting of the sum of the partial classifications assigned in each evaluation criterion, and taking into account the weighting assigned to each parameter.
17.2. Candidates are ordered by applying the successive voting method.
17.3. The Jury deliberates by an absolute majority, and no abstentions are allowed.
17.4. The final classification of each candidate is that which corresponds to his ordination resulting from the application of the method referred to in paragraph 17.1.
17.5 The candidate with a disability has an equal rank preference, which prevails over any other legal preference. Candidates must declare in the application form, under a commitment to honor, the respective degree of incapacity, the type of disability and the means of communication/expression to be used in the selection process, under the terms of the aforementioned diploma.
18. Minutes shall be drawn up from the meetings of the Jury, which contain a summary of what has occurred therein, as well as the votes cast by each of the members and their reasons, and are made available to the candidates whenever requested.
19. After completing the application of the selection criteria, the Jury prepares the list of admitted and excluded candidates, as well as the ranking list of successful candidates, which will be published at ARDITI's premises as well as advertised on the ARDITI website, with applicants being notified by email with delivery receipt of the notification.
20. Prior Hearing and deadline for the Jury's Final Deliberation:
20. 1 After being notified, the candidates have a period of 10 working days to, if they wish, exercise their right to pronounce themselves.
20.2 Within 90 days, counting from the deadline for the submission of candidacies, the final decision of the Jury is given.
21. The final decision of the Jury is approved by the Chairman of the Board of Directors of ARDITI, who is also responsible for signing the respective contract.
22. Candidates' false statements will be punished according to the law.
23. This tender procedure is exclusively intended to fill the vacancy(s) indicated, and may be terminated until the approval of the final ranking list of the candidates, and expires with the respective occupation of the job(s) on offer.
24. Policy of non-discrimination and equal access: ARDITI actively promotes a policy of non-discrimination and equal access so that no candidate may be privileged, benefited, impaired, or deprived of any right or exempt from any duty on grounds, in particular of ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, origin or social condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions, and trade union membership.
October 15, 2021. — The Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology, and Innovation (ARDITI) - Association, Prof. Rui Miguel Andrade Caldeira.
EURAXESS offer ID: 706098
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.