ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/12/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for a Research Technical Specialist in 3D documentation of Built Heritage, with a particular focus on Monuments, Archaeological Sites and Artifacts addressing issues cultural heritage conservation, preservation and valorisation through digital technologies. The successful candidate will operate a variety of data capture instruments, such as laser scanners and photogrammetry, as well as documentation of underground architectural features, such as geo-physical surveying tools (e.g. Mala geo-radar). The successful candidate is expected to bring expertise in post-processing of 3D data, in order to identify and characterize damages inflicted by a variety of natural or anthropogenic factors, describe geometry of features for conservation and restoration and contribute knowledge in developing resilience plans involving urban heritage at risk and diagnostics for conservation of Cultural Heritage.
The appointment will be on a full time basis, initially for a period of two years, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- 2D and 3D documentation of Heritage sites, monuments, archaeological artifacts and works of art.
- Post-processing of 3D data with a particular focus on assessing damages and interventions inflicted by a variety of agents.
- Contribute 3D expertise to the APAC Labs pipeline of Art Characterization
- Help in maintaining and developing the 3D instrumentation and data repository of the APAC labs (hardware and software).
- Provide input to deliverables of relevant EU-funded projects, e.g. 4CH.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://onlinerecruitment.exelsyslive.com/?c=6E7274A2-8EBA-4BEA-905B-06F790EEB566/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest and a list of the contact information of three (3) referees (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Sorin Hermon (email@example.com). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.
Contact person: Sorin Hermon
Reference number: STARC_RTS-3D_21_11
- MA / MSc in Digital Archaeology, Architecture or Geodesic related engineering
- Excellent knowledge of English, both verbal and writing
- Proven record on the ability to write technical reports related to 3D documentation and analysis of built heritage.
- Minimum 3-year experience
- At least 3 years of field and laboratory work in 3D documentation of Built Heritage
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- 3D data capture software (e.g. Cyclone)
- 3D post-processing software (e.g. Meshlab, CloudCompare, Geomagic)
- HBIM (including Autocad, Revit)
- 3D modelling software (e.g. 3D Max, Blender, Rhino)
- GIS software (e.g. QGIS)
- Proven interdisciplinary experience in the field.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adopt to a multicultural/multinational environment
EURAXESS offer ID: 706054
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.