ORGANISATION/COMPANYNOVA.id.FCT- Associação para a Inovação de Desenvolvimento da FCT
RESEARCH FIELDArts › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Caparica
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
REFERENCE NUMBERUIDP/00729/2020 - 4
By decision of the Board of Directors, NOVA.id.FCT - Associação para a Inovação e Desenvolvimento da FCT (“NOVA.id.FCT”) opens an international call to hire a PhD Researcher, with the internal reference “#NOVAID166”, under a unfixed term employment contract to conduct research activities in the field of Conservation Science in the scope of the R & D VICARTE – Vidro e Cerâmica para as Artes, UIDP/00729/2020, financed by “Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P.
- Type of contract and applicable legislation: The hiring of the PhD Researcher shall be made by means of an Unfixed Term Employment Contract entered into in accordance with the Portuguese Labour Code approved by the Law no. 7/2009 of February 12th, as amended. The contract should have a forecasted duration of 12 months and should not be extended further than the project duration and its new funding contracts. The contract should begin in December 2021. The present hiring procedure is further governed inter alia by Decree-law no. 57/2016 of July 19th, as amended by the Law no. 57/2017 of August 29thand Regulatory decree no. 11-A/2017 of December 29th.
- Main attributions and activities and exclusivity:
The PhD Researcher will investigate the materials and techniques used to hand painting glass objects of cultural and historical value. He/she will produce painting materials with as much historical accuracy as possible to conduct chemical studies. He/she will perform the analytical characterization of the synthesized materials and heritage objects, optimizing methodologies to identify the organic colorants, preferably using in situ analytical techniques. He/she will investigate specificities of historical recipes contributing to studies of provenance and dating of historical glass objects. Research on the deterioration of these photosensitive materials will also be carried out to advance the conservation methodologies used to preserve hand painting glass objects. He/she will also support few classes and projects of students of the Bachelor and Master in Conservation and Restoration.
The PhD Researcher shall fully devote the whole of his/her professional activity to NOVA.id.FCT, on an exclusive basis.
Place of work: The PhD Researcher’s working place shall be at the premises of VICARTE located in Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da Universidade Nova de Lisboa - Campus da Caparica and he/she shall travel, in Portugal or abroad, as required by his/her attributions or as necessary for his/her activity.
- Monthly remuneration: The PhD Researcher shall earn a monthly remuneration in the gross amount of €2.134,73 by reference to the 1st grade of the salary scale, pursuant to number 2 of Article 15 of Decree-Law no. 57/2016 of 19 July, as amended by Law no. 57/2017 of 29 August, and Regulatory Decree no. 11-A / 2017, of December 29.
- Admission Requirements:
Applicants to this call may be national, foreign or stateless candidates holding a PhD degree in the field of Conservation Science, or related areas of interest to the project legally valid and/or recognized in Portugal and complying with the following specific requirements:
- Experience on art technological source research of artists’ materials;
- Experience on the preparation of artists’ materials with as much historical accuracy as possible and the study of their degradation phenomena; -
- Experience on the analytical characterization of organic colorants found in heritage objects, particularly on situ analytical techniques;
- Experience in the study of the degradation of organic colorants present in historical objects.
Evaluation of the Applications and Composition of the Jury:
Applications shall be subject to evaluation by a jury that shall follow the procedure established in articles 13 and 14 (by virtue of article 19) of Decree-Law no. 57/2016 of 19 July, as amended by Law no. 57/2017 of 29 August.
-Chairwoman: Márcia Gomes Vilarigues;
- Member: Andreia Filipa Cardoso Ruivo;
- Member: Inês Alexandra Ramalho Coutinho;
- Substitute Member: Susana Xavier Coentro;
- Substitute Member: César António Tonicha Laia.
The selection of the successful candidate will be carried out through the evaluation of the scientific and curricular achievements as established by Decree-Law no. 57/2016 of 19 July, as amended by Law no. 57/2017 of 29 August and the selection criteria and their respective weighting shall be as follows:
- CV evaluation (40 %);
- Experience on the targeted research area (40 %);
- Quality of the Interview (20%). The interview will be done only to the candidates with classification higher than 70% in the first two criteria.
- Final Decision:
The final deliberation of the jury shall be homologated by the ultimate governing body of NOVA.id.FCT that is also responsible for the decision of hiring.
The list of admitted and excluded candidates and the final list of classification will be publicised on the website of NOVA.id.FCT (www.novaidfct.pt) and sent by electronic mail with receipt of delivery to all candidates.
Submission of Applications:
Applications must be submitted between 11/11/2021 a 24/11/2021, by email, addressed to email@example.com and containing a single PDF file with the following documents in Portuguese or English languages:
a) Complete CV;
b) Motivation letter;
c) Doctoral Certificate
- Non-discrimination and equal access policy: NOVA.id.FCT actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, reason for which no candidate can be benefited, prejudiced or deprived of any duty, namely age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, religion or political beliefs.
EURAXESS offer ID: 705842
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.