ORGANISATION/COMPANYCIS-IUL / ISCTE-IUL
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
The Centre for Psychological Research and Social Intervention (CIS) of Iscte – University Institute of Lisbon is accepting applications for 01 Postdoctoral Fellowship, in the scope of R&D exploratory project “JUSTENERGY - Intersections of right-wing populism and (un)just rural energy transitions in Portugal as communicative and socio-spatial practices” (project reference EXPL/COM-CSS/1510/2021) funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (OE), according to the Call for Project Grants in all Scientific Domains 2021 and under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Psychology or other social sciences and humanities
2. Admission Requirements
Applicants are eligible if they comply with the following requirements cumulatively:
- to hold a PhD in Psychology or other social sciences and humanities relevant to the project, obtained no more than 03 years ago;
If the PhD qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
- Only the candidates that comply with paragraph b) of nos.1 and 2 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as in article 7 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology are eligible.
a) The doctorate has been obtained within the three years prior to the date of submission of the application for the grant;
b) The postdoctoral research is carried out in a host entity different from the entity where the research work leading to the doctoral degree was carried out;
c) the research activities do not require postdoctoral experience;
d) the research activities have a time frame for development and implementation of three years or less;
e) The fellow does not exceed, with the conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of three years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English.
3. Work plan
The candidate will provide support to the project team in all the tasks detailed in the project application, as well as contributing to any other activities falling within the overall project objectives, including:
- Critical review of the relevant literature;
- Design and development of qualitative media analysis;
- Design, conduction and analysis of ethnographic fieldwork, including individual interviews;
- Writing reports and scientific articles;
- Management of the dissemination of the project to the community.
- Applicable legislation and regulations
Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28th; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), Regulation No. 950/2019, of November 29th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions) and other applicable legislation.
The work will be carried out at the Centre for Psychological Research and Social Intervention (CIS-Iscte) of Iscte – University Institute of Lisbon, under the scientific supervision of Doctor Susana Batel.
- Duration of the grant
The grant duration will be 12 months, starting in December of 2021, and may be within the project duration (estimated date 30/11/2022) and in accordance with the provisions of point 4 of Article 6 of the of FCT Regulation for Research Fellowships into force.
- Amount of monthly maintenance allowance
The amount of the grant corresponds to a monthly maintenance allowance under the FCT grants (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/Tabela_Valores_SMM_LOE_2021.pdf), with a value of €1,646.00 and subject to any updates that may occur and are applicable. A monthly payment will be made by bank transfer to the account identified by the beneficiary.
The fellow will benefit from personal accident insurance related to research activities and may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
- Selection and evaluation criteria
8.1 The selection process will be developed based on the curriculum evaluation, according to the merit of the candidate. The evaluation and ranking criteria are as follows:
- Scientific production, including scientific publications (articles in scientific journals, books, chapters in books and conference proceedings) (30%);
- B) Research activities, including the participation in or coordination of research projects (15%);
- Knowledge dissemination activities for promoting scientific contents (e.g., conferences) (10%);
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (10%);
- Evaluation of the motivation letter, where candidates should indicate their motivation and interest regarding the area of the project, as well as any relevant previous experience in that area (written in English and maximum of 1000 words) (25%);
- Knowledge in the areas of energy and environmental policy in Portugal (5%);
- Experience in conducting and qualitatively analyzing interviews and media (5%).
8.2. Candidates will be scored from 0 to 100, following the above evaluation criteria.
8.3. Completed the curriculum evaluation, the jury reserves the right to call the three candidates ranked first, for an interview.
8.4. During the interview, the topics related to the work plan, previous experience, motivation and CV will be discussed.
8.5. The final grade will have a weighting of 70% curriculum evaluation + 30% interview.
8.6. In the case of a tie, the chairperson of the jury has the casting vote.
8.7. The jury reserves the right to not award the grant if none of the candidates matches the desired profile.
8.8. The current call might be closed until the homologation of the final ranked list of the candidates, and is valid for a 18 months period starting from the homologation date of the final ranked list of the current procedure.
- Composition of the Selection Jury: Chairperson: Doctor Susana Batel (CIS_Iscte); Full Member: Professor Ana Isabel Afonso (CRIA-NOVA FCSH); Full Member: Doctor Rita Guerra (CIS_Iscte); Alternate Member: Doctor Luís Silva (CRIA-NOVA FCSH); Alternate Member: Doctor Carla Mouro (CIS_Iscte).
- Form of publication/notification of results
The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 90 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision.
- Deadline for applications
- Application submission
12.1 It is mandatory to submit the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following reference “Application to the Postdoctoral Fellowship of the Project JUSTENERGY” and the following documents:
a) In the case of foreign citizens, a document that proves the country of residence, residence title or any other similar legal document, valid by the date of the beginning of the research grant.
b) Document confirming the title of the required academic degree to the present call, with the final grade and with the grades of the curricular units listed (if appropriate).
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
If the candidates don’t have, during the application period, the documents confirming the title of the required academic degree and diplomas, or the recognition by a Portuguese higher education institution, they can attach a declaration of honor. The verification of these specific conditions will be made by the time to sign the contract.
c) Declaration of honor confirming the fluency in Portuguese and in English.
d) Motivation letter.
e) Detailed curriculum vitae.
f) Other documents relevant to the scientific merit of the candidate.
g) One recommendation letter.
12.2. All the documents must be attached in PDF format.
12.3. Candidates that don´t submit the documents listed from paragraph a) to g) of no. 12.1. will be excluded.
EURAXESS offer ID: 705170
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.