ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer architecture
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/12/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Kirchberg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated software developers who wish to pursue research related software prototyping in close cooperation with our partners. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Successful candidates will join a young, strong and motivated FINATRAX Research Group. The research group conducts research on the application and the impact of digital technologies like DLT/Blockchain, Digital Identities, Machine Learning/AI, and IoT/5G on organisations in the private or public sector. By doing so, it builds bridges between business research and information systems engineering. The group consists of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers who come from different disciplines (e.g., policy, business, technology) and pursue first-rate research on the design and impact of information systems.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to several exciting research projects, most notably, the Medical Device Obligation Taskforce (MDOT) and SynErgie projects. In the MDOT project, they will have the opportunity to build web-based platforms and prototypes. In the SynErgie project, they will be responsible for the advancement of decision support systems and visualization tools to improve the transparency on flexibility in the energy system. For more detailed information about FINATRAX’s role in the two projects, you can visit our research group’s website (MDOT and SynErgie).
Moreover, successful candidates will carry out software development tasks in the context of Prof. Fridgen’s PayPal-FNR PEARL Research Grant in the areas of DLT/Blockchain, Digital Identities, and Machine Learning/AI. Successful candidates will thus have the opportunity to explore a broad range of technologies and application areas. As such, successful candidates will be able to align their skills with market needs and build an attractive profile demonstrating their experience with innovative designs and technologies.
Qualifications: Graduate in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
What we are looking for:
- A collaborative team player with a desire to make a personal impact within our interdisciplinary research group
- The commitment to participate in the development and implementation of high-quality solutions that solve significant problems
- Self-initiative, creativity, curiosity, flexibility and enthusiasm to work
Knowledge and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and/or experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Software development (e.g., demonstrated by internships, etc.)
- Database systems
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of either French, German or Luxembourgish will be appreciated but are not a requirement to apply.
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. - Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Foreseen starting date: October 2021
- Internal title: Research & Development specialist
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL04366
How to apply...
Applications in English should include:
- A cover letter including a statement on the candidate’s personal motivation for applying
(approx. 300 words)
- Full CV, including the contact address and work experience
- Certificate of the last degree (school or university)
- Reference letters by prior employers, if available
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
EURAXESS offer ID: 703852
Posting organisation offer ID: 12704
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.