ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité de Namur
RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › Applied mathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Namur
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2022
Your mission :
Within the Mathematics Department, you will be in charge of teaching, research and service missions and more specifically :
- You will consolidate the research project of the Department of Mathematics in Applied Mathematics and Complexity by integrating the naXys Interdisciplinary Research Institute in Complex Systems, whose current research axes are described in more detail on the website: https://www.naxys.be
- You will invest in the educational project of the Department of Mathematics by providing a course load including general and specialised courses in the bachelor and master programs in Mathematics as well as Mathematics courses in other disciplines
- You will supervise master's theses and doctoral theses
- You will participate in the organisational tasks of the Department and in the service to the community
- The skills listed above.
- The quality of the individual file and the adequacy or interaction of the candidate scientific and educational projects with those of the Department of Mathematics.
- The quality of the lesson given during the interview.
- Examination of application files by a recruitment and selection committee.
- The candidates selected for an audition will be invited to present their projects (research and educational) and to give a lesson, on an imposed theme, in front of the selection committee.
- The candidates ranked by the selection committee will be invited to an interview with the human resources department before the decision by the board of directors.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMathematics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESFRENCH: ExcellentENGLISH: Good
- A solid research experience and a real interest in research in Applied Mathematics and Complexity,
- An aptitude and a great motivation for university teaching,
- An ability to develop innovative ideas for the teaching and training of students,
- A capacity for integration into existing structures at UNamur, particularly within the Mathematics Department and the naXys institute, and an ability to develop collaborations,
- Ability to obtain funding to carry out research projects,
- Capacities for managing a research team,
- An ability to get involved in community service missions,
- Good knowledge of English.
You agree to participate in administrative meetings and to teach in french before the end of the probationary period (3 years from the date of engagement).
EURAXESS offer ID: 700754
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.