RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Klosterneuburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Full Time (40h/w)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 45,000* gross/year
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
IST Austria seeks to hire an experienced biochemist for its core molecular biology service. The facility currently provides molecular cloning, virus production and cell culture services. It is now being expanded to include protein expression, purification and characterization. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to build up the new protein services and to oversee the already existing operations.
- Work closely with research groups to plan experiments, communicate results, and provide analytical support
- Expression, purification and biophysical characterization of proteins
- Operate and maintain facility equipment
- Provide training and technical support to users
- Reliably document all procedures along QC standards
- Conceptualize and implement working processes/rules/guidelines/SOPs
- Advanced degree (MSc or PhD) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a similar field
- Proven practical experience with designing protein purification strategies utilizing multiple chromatographic separation techniques
- Experience with biophysical characterization of proteins (e.g., MALS, DLS, DSF, MP, ITC, SPR, BLI, etc)
- High level of understanding and working knowledge of protein purification and characterization equipment
- Experience with molecular biology (cloning and cell culture) advantageous
- Excellent communications skills in English (written & spoken)
- Service-oriented working style with high conceptual and organizational skills
- Excellent team player who can also work independently
- Education & training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.
EURAXESS offer ID: 700319
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.