ORGANISATION/COMPANYMasaryk University - Faculty of Science
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropologyBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/12/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Brno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2022
Workplace: Department of Experimental Biology, Section of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position (maternity leave cover), academic
Working Hours: 1,0 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 1.2.2022
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 20.12.2021
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
The Department of Experimental Biology - Section of Animal Physiology and Immunology at the Faculty of Science MU is a modern, fully equipped workplace where individual research groups are engaged in research at all levels - from molecules and cells to humans.
- Experimental work and solution of scientific projects in the fields of ancient DNA, historical anthropology, population genetics and anthropology of recent population
- Supervising students working in laboratories
- Participation in field research projects and help with organisation of such projects
- Sampling of human skeletal material for various purposes (chemical analysis, aDNA analysis, blood groups analysis etc.)
- Teaching in study programmes accredited at Masaryk University
- Supervising of theses in bachelor and master degree of study
- Modern scientific environment
- Work in modern interdisciplinary field of palaeogenetics and historical anthropology
- Perspective of professional development
- Employment benefits
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 8weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, university cinema discount, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare group-Campus
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office
The application shall be submitted online by December 20, 2021 via an e-application here: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/66239
The candidate shall provide following:
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The applicant must have:
- Ph.D. degree in Molecular and Cell Biology or in General and Molecular Genetics, Anthropology or related specializations
- MSc. in Anthropology or Molecular Biology and Genetics or related specializations
- Experience with experimental work and solution of scientific projects in the fields of Ancient DNA and Biological Anthropology.
- Ability for teaching Human Anatomy
- Publishing results in Historical Anthropology, Ancient DNA or Human Genetics. Publications in impacted journals.
- Ability for team work, active approach, initiative, dependability, accuracy, administrative ability
- Experience and qualification for teaching at university level
- Active knowledge of Czech language. In applicants that are not native speakers is required Czech language exam certificate - level CCE-B2 or higher
- Good communication skills in English language
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to doc. RNDr. Eva Drozdová, Ph.D. email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 54949 3800.
EURAXESS offer ID: 699212
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.