ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversità Ca' Foscari Venezia
RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies › Ancient studiesHistory › Ancient historyHistory › ArchaeologyHistory › Medieval historyHistory › OtherLanguage sciences › Philology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/10/2021 13:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Venice
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Call for 3 additional subject-specific PON R&I 2014-2020 scholarships (Action IV.4 – PhDs and research contracts on innovation-related topics and Action IV.5 - PhDs on green topics) for admission to the 37th cycle (a.y. 2021/2022) of PhD Programme in Ancient Heritage Studies.
Topic of the scholarships PON R&I 2014-2020:
1) VARIANT READINGS AND LINKED OPEN DATA (Action IV.4)
2) ANCIENT ECOSYSTEMS: ARCHEOZOOLOGY IN THE VENICE LAGOON IN THE MIDDLE AGES (Action IV.5)
3) PALEOENVIRONMENTAL INVESTIGATIONS ON VEGETABLES REMAINS FROM ARCHAEOLOGICAL CONTEXTS OF THE LAGOONS (Action IV.5)
Duration: 3 years
The programme is taught in Italian.
Admission to the PhD Programme is granted after being successful in a competition that exclusively provides for the assessment of qualifications by a single and interdisciplinary University Board.
The application form must be submitted to PhD Office by 1.00 pm (Italian time) on Friday October, 22nd 2021 according to the online procedure described in the call for applications; failure to do so will result in exclusion from the selection process.
All candidates possessing any of the following requirements can submit their application:
- “Laurea Specialistica” or “laurea magistrale” (the second cycle degree achievable in Italy since 1999 after completing five years (or more) of university studies);
- an Italian degree obtained before the system introduced by Ministerial Decree No. 509 dated 3 November 1999 amended by means of Ministerial Decree No. 270 dated 22 October 2004 (Laurea vecchio ordinamento);
- second-level university qualifications granted by AFAM institutions (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale, “Advanced Artistic and Musical Training”);
- a Master’s degree qualification obtained abroad – comparable in terms of duration, level and discipline field to the Italian qualification granting admission to the PhD Programme – and recognised as suitable for admission to selection process.
Graduating students may also apply within the deadline of the call for applications, provided they obtain their degree by October, 31st 2021.
Candidates are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level - under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - at the time of enrolment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, but no later than April, 30th 2022, otherwise they shall no longer be able to continue on the PhD Programme.
Candidates are required to specify in the curriculum vitae the knowledge of one of the following languages (in addition to English and to the language of their country of origin): French, German, Spanish, Modern Greek.
The PhD scholarships are all subject-specific and provide for a period of compulsory study and research in the company from a minimum of six (6) months to a maximum of twelve (12) months, pursuant to what the provisions contained in Annex "A" of the call.
Gross amount of the scholarship approximately € 56,600.00 (50% increase in the monthly scholarship for a research period abroad if provided for by the research project and annual budget for national and international research activities - € 1,534.00 during the 2nd and 3rd year- not included).
Full details of the programme and application procedures can be found at: https://www.unive.it/pag/20822/
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
EURAXESS offer ID: 698027
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.