ORGANISATION/COMPANYFZU - Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Condensed matter properties
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/11/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is looking for a new colleague to join the Terahertz spectroscopy group to carry out far-field and near-field time-resolved experiments in the terahertz lab. The position is linked to a research grant “Solid state physics for the 21st century”, research program “Nanoelectronics”.
- The research will be focused on experimental studies of semiconductor nanostructures (nanobars, nanoislands) and of epitaxial (patterned) graphene films
- The candidate should be able to master our custom-made THz setups (steady-state measurements, optical pump – THz probe measurements, multi-THz (two-color air-based) setup and THz-SNOM) and carry out studies in selected structures
- Strong participation of the candidate on the interpretation of the results is expected; together with external collaborators, we have developed a formalism for the response of nanostructures
- PhD in solid state physics, materials science or optics
- Demonstrated experience with THz spectroscopy and/or ultrafast optical experiments. Experience with the spectroscopy of solid state
- Experience with local-probe microscopy (AFM or similar) can be an advantage
- Very good spoken and written English
- Keen to learn new physics and methods, ability to solve problems independently
- Working in an international and creative environment
- Active participation at international workshops and conferences
- Training and development opportunities (soft skills, language courses)
- Flexible working hours with home office possibility
- 5 weeks of vacation + 6 sick days a year
- Plenty of opportunities for cultural and other activities in the Prague region
How to apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14, and include:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and interests
- CV with your research experience and list of publications
- Names and e-mail addresses of two established condensed-matter physicists who could be asked for reference
The starting date is between January and March 2022 (depending on the mutual agreement and visa procedure). The contract is offered until end of June 2023.
About the Institute
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (FZU) is a public research institution specializing in fundamental and applied research in physics, especially, condensed matter physics, solid state physics, optics, plasma physics, laser physics and elementary particle physics. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1300 employees, including a considerable number of international scientists. As a public research institution, FZU contributes to increasing the level of knowledge, to the quality of education, and to applications of research findings in practice.
In April 2019, FZU has become a holder of the certificate HR Excellence in Research Award, which is awarded by the European Commission. FZU has thus ranked among the group of prestigious European institutions having the right to use this certificate.
More information is available at Why FZU? | FZU
EURAXESS offer ID: 697760
Posting organisation offer ID: 13198
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.