ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/11/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40 hours per week
- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
- Independent research at Habilitation level in jurisprudence and/or legal theory with a special focus on current developments in society, politics, technology or the economy
- Supervision of students at Bachelor, Master and Magister level
- Contribution to the supervision of final theses
- Teaching and examination for the degree programmes of the Faculty of Law and for other faculties·
- Acquisition and administration of third‐party funds
- Contribution to organisational and administrative matters
- Doctoral/PhD degree in Law with a dissertation in jurisprudence and/or legal theory
- Relevant scientific achievements beyond the doctoral dissertation/PhD, preferably scientific publications in nationally and/or internationally recognised publication media and national and/or international presentations
- Postdoctoral research experience after completion of the doctoral/PhD degree
- Relevant teaching experience at a university and very good teaching skills; please provide teaching evaluations, if possible
- Relevant experience in academic mobility during or after the doctoral/PhD programme is desirable
- Experience with contributing to third-party funded protects (acquiring or managing) is desirable
- Experience with interdisciplinary work desirable
- Very good language skills in German and ability to teach in English
- The application must include a research statement for a Habilitation in jurisprudence and/or legal theory, preferably with a special focus on current developments in society, politics, technology or the economy.
- The application must also include a teaching and research statement.
- Social competence and ability to work in a team
In this position you will have the opportunity to carry out high level research and to specialise in a particular field. You will hold your own lectures, tutor students and participate in administration. During the first year of employment it is possible to conclude a 'qualification agreement' which is the core part of a University career position. If the terms of the qualification agreement are fullfilled it will lead to a continuous career at the University, resulting in the position of a Associate Professor and a permanent employment.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 696953
Posting organisation offer ID: REWI-12192
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.