RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/11/2021 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERGrant Agreement nº 101017598
1 Research Fellowship(s) (BI) is(are) open at the FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, for the project/R&D institution “BRAINTEASER-BRinging Artificial INTelligencE home for a better cAre of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and multiple sclerosis”, financed by European Union’s H2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement nº 101017598, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Informatics/Data Science.
2. Requirements for admission: MSc concluded.
3. Additional optional skills and qualifications: Master in Data Science. Research experience in machine learning, in particular deep learning and longitudinal data analysis.
4. Contracting requirements: Presentation of the academic qualifications and/or diplomas. Enrolment in the
PhD in Informatics or having been accepted in a PhD in Informatics or, if holders of a master's degree, enrolled in non-academic degree courses.
5. Work plan: The candidate will work mainly in the workpackage "WP6 - AI models of patient stratification" with potential contributions WP5 and WP7, targeting AI models for disease monitoring and progression, having the following tasks: 1) review of the state of the art in the field of temporal phenotyping, with emphasis on ALS and MS diseases and 2) development of new methods for temporal phenotyping for analysis of longitudinal clinical data.
6. Legislation framework: Research Fellowship Holder Statute, in accordance with Law 40/2004, of 18 August, in its current version and the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships, in its current version (Reg. 950/2019 published in DR on 16th December: https://dre.pt/application/file/a/127230968, or at the FCT website: https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt), and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation, as approved on 12th May 2020 (available at Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID).
7. Place of work: The work will be developed at the LASIGE, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Campo Grande, Portugal, under the scientific supervision of Professor Sara C. Madeira.
8. Fellowship duration: This position is initially opened for 12 months and will begin on November 2021. The fellowship contract may be potentially renewed for until the end of the project months, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation of Research Fellowships from the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation.
9. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts to € 1 104,64, according to table values of the FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation. The fellowship holder will have a personal accident insurance and can ensure the right to social security through adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, if not covered by any other social protection scheme, pursuant to Código dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social.The fellowship will be paid monthly by bank transfer A tuition support subsidy (TSS) will be added to the scholarship amount.
10. Evaluation and selection process: Candidates will be assessed by the quality of their CV (100%).
11. Selection Committee: Chair: Sara C. Madeira; Members: Helena Aidos, Cátia Pesquita; Replacement Members: André Falcão, Tiago Guerreiro.
12. Publication/notification of results: All the candidates will be notified by e-mail, sent by the call holder, with the selection meeting minutes enclosed.
13. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 28/10/2021 to 11/11/2021 .
14. Application: Applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, with the subject: 893.5 – 1 BI ED BRAINTEASER, by attaching the following documents:
a. Curriculum vitae - CV may be provided in PDF or through the CIÊNCIAVITAE system;
b. Certificate of completion of previous degree;
c. other documents considered relevant
15. Time limits for the appeal procedure: In case of negative decision, the candidates have 10 business days, after the date of announcement of the results of the candidates evaluation, to pronounce their disagreement in accordance with the Código do Procedimento Administrativo. Appeals against the final decision may be submitted to the Administration Board of FCiências.ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 15 business days after the notification date
Note 1: The documents that prove the entitlement of the academic qualifications and diplomas, or the proof of registration in the academic degree or diploma requested on the call, can be dismissed during the application period and replaced by a declaration on their honour from the applicant. Their delivery is mandatory for the fellowship contractualization.
Note 2: Please note that - higher education degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions need to be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, pursuant to the Decree-Law nr. 66/2018 (August 16) and the Ministerial Order nr. 33/2019 (January 25). The presentation of the recognition certificate is mandatory for contract signature. More information can be obtained at: https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition
Contract and final activities template available at: Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 696813
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.