ORGANISATION/COMPANYŁukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Wroclaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We invite applications for the position of
Principal Investigator in epidemiological research
at the recently opened Center for Population Diagnostics in Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development.
Reference number: PIE/CDP/2021
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Łukasiewicz– PORT is an institute focused on development of new technologies by conducting research which has the potential to benefit industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our activities comprise different aspects of biology (Life Sciences and Biotechnology Center) and materials engineering (Material Science and Engineering Center), with access to specialized core laboratories - a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner. At the Center for Population Diagnostics, by bringing together high-throughput emergency diagnostics and cutting-edge research in three core areas of:
(1) Transmission and spread of diseases,
(2) Host-pathogen interface,
(3) New biomarkers and new therapies,
we want to advance knowledge enabling better control of infectious diseases transmission.
Currently we are looking for an outstanding candidate to fill in the position of Principal Investigator in epidemiological research corelating to one of the three core areas at the Center for Population Diagnostics, with a vision to establish their own research group.
The PI will have opportunity to develop cooperation with research groups and laboratories of the Center for Population Diagnostics (BSL3, Microbiology and Medical Diagnostic Laboratory) and Life Sciences and Biotechnology Center (e.g. Bioimaging Laboratory, Cell Analysis Laboratory, Bioinformatics Group, Spectroscopic and Spectrometric Laboratory and Biobank).
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts. Candidates who propose best potentially highly impactful research programmes and who have clear long-term vision for their research will be invited for the interview.
What we expect:
- PhD and post-doctoral training in the area of epidemiology or modelling of infectious or non-communicable diseases or related area.
- Scientific achievements commensurate with the years of experience (demonstrated by publications/patents).
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g. grant applications, funds from the industry).
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- International experience
- Adaptability and flexibility at work, ability to solve problems and focus on the big picture and long-term gains.
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
What we offer:
- Full-time contract on the position of Area Leader and competitive negotiable salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers.
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
- Funding for the team – around 100 000 euro yearly for setting up a research group.
- Annual research budget – negotiated individually but not less than at the level of 50 000 euro per year, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members.
- Administrative and organizational support.
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the core facilities.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
This job will also bring you to Wroclaw, Poland - repeatedly placed among the top 100 cities in the world for the Mercer Quality of Living Survey and in the top 100 of the smartest cities in the world in the IESE Cities in Motion Index, classified as a Gamma global city by Globalization and World Cities Research Network and a leader of "Global Cities of the Future 2021/2022" (Financial Times - fDi Magazine ) among all medium and small cities in the world
If interested, please apply via the below link:
Please include 1-page description of proposed research plans for the next 5 years in your CV.
Application deadline: 13.11.2021 r.
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network - PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given - for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.org.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 - Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate's selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.
EURAXESS offer ID: 696801
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.